Premium Pandora's are annoying and slowing down the PreOrders

frostedfires

It's been almost 2 months (not exaggerating) since the Premium Pandora's began and I noticed that the amount of pre-ordered Pandora's shipping out has dropped like a rock. Before the mention of the Premium Pandora's we started to get a steady stream of maybe 200 per 2 weeks... Now we are lucky if there are 60 per month for the pre-orders. Just seems stupid that someone who hasn't been waiting in line gets to cut in front of me who has been waiting for almost 2 years now... Very stupid and I hate the lack of communication between the team and their customers based on the amount of Pandora's shipped and being built... There is a page titled "Current Status" for a reason but it hasn't been updated in two weeks... http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

Well yeah just needed to throw my anger somewhere and hope someone from the team understands the problem they have.

Thanks,

Frostedfires

Well sir, since this amazing device- Pandora was first conceived, I think the Team has done the best they can by taking the time to think things out. I like the fact that the Pandora is home built and is a super fine device. The team is trying to keep things moving along and decided to go with the premium orders as they said to catch up some slack by hiring more people to help with building them. I suppose they could all just stop and then there would'nt be any Pandora's being shipped.In the long run each extra dollar they make with he premium orders will keep things moving and before long the team will be caught up on production and the units will be going out much faster.I salute the team for all their hard work.

personally i should not have upgraded to premium, i dont know nearly enough about linux to get full use out of this thing and i wish more devs had them so there was more ported and available

sure? i dont think.... i dont know how much they earn per premium, but each time they send a premium, they keep 250€ for a day more, and earn the amount of the pandora, double earning.

And... was not craigix telling about buy a new car?.... i dont see this running faster at all, i am suppose to be on 1100 in the queue of craigix. how many months more i need to wait to get mine? and who is in the end of the batch 1? and batch 2?

I am sorry, but each day i think more about send and email to the facua, about the shop of craigix.

I was a real supported of this project, talking about to everybody i know. i was going to give a conference about to make videogames in my university, using the pandora as an example. And maybe from here some people could buy and make software. Who knows...

Now i only say what i feel. I HATE THIS.

And is funny, i dont know how you do, craigix, but i dont feel the same about evildragon.

Stop posting your guesses as facts, it's ridiculous.

Seeing as we might sell 10 Premium units in a good week, it's actually hardly effecting anything (well, it does allow us to keep shipping units, which is a good thing).

Seeing as we might sell 10 Premium units in a good week, it's actually hardly effecting anything (well, it does allow us to keep shipping units, which is a good thing).

That's affecting there young sir. There's a good chap.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been almost 2 months (not exaggerating) since the Premium Pandora's began and I noticed that the amount of pre-ordered Pandora's shipping out has dropped like a rock. Before the mention of the Premium Pandora's we started to get a steady stream of maybe 200 per 2 weeks... Now we are lucky if there are 60 per month for the pre-orders. Just seems stupid that someone who hasn't been waiting in line gets to cut in front of me who has been waiting for almost 2 years now... Very stupid and I hate the lack of communication between the team and their customers based on the amount of Pandora's shipped and being built... There is a page titled "Current Status" for a reason but it hasn't been updated in two weeks... http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

Well yeah just needed to throw my anger somewhere and hope someone from the team understands the problem they have.

Thanks,

Frostedfires

Tell me how they're supposed to make your pre-order unit at a financial loss. From what I understand, the pre-order units were sold below cost in order to jump start the project.

Here's how it works. A company designs a product. They want to sell it. So they find investors to help them start up the company.

Here's how I kind of figure it works. In OP's case, they found investors, YOU, to pay for an under-cost unit to be delivered at an unspecified time to secure the contracts to start building the equipment.

So the equipment starts coming in, and they run out of money again. So what happens? They offer units at an extra cost right away to jump start production.

You must understand, the "pre-orders" are investors. I'm certain you will get yours.

Yes, I am one of those Premium people. But at the time I didn't know I was going to be making a bunch of people mad by paying almost $200 more than them. I just saw an OP system review, wanted it, and got the cash together to buy it. I also knew next to nothing about the project. Now I've brushed up a little, know what's going on, and I'm trying to talk everyone I know into buying one. 'Course... everyone's hitting hard times right now, but still...

In theory, more Premium orders means more production, which means more pre-orders get shipped out. So a piece of advice I have for you is that you could try to get more people to buy the product.

In theory, more Premium orders means more production, which means more pre-orders get shipped out. So a piece of advice I have for you is that you could try to get more people to buy the product.

As far as I know, that's not true: At the moment CC just can't produce faster. So we get our units the fastest if they sell just enough Premium Pandoras to keep them running, but not more.

PS: I'm thinking about upgrading to premium though...

Craig, first off, I want to stress that I'm not bothered by the premium orders doing queue hopping. Anything that keeps you in business is a good thing.

That being said, I am concerned about "it does allow us to keep shipping units". That has some rather ugly implications, prime being that if people stop shelling out the extra $, then those of us who have been here since close to the start might not get our machines. I'm really, really, hoping that's not the case.

Its getting close to the end of march - can we expect another status update soon indicating how many units have shipped? I realize that if it look like you're too close to completion, then there will be zero motivation for premium orders to continue, but we do really want to know.

Thanks again for building a great product. I look forward to having my (non-premium) unit eventually.

Dan

Here is what is on my mind lately about this project:

1. Too little information is being given to the "first batch pre-orders" group about status. I have to go and search for hours on these forums just to guess what part of the queue the first batch is at. For some dumb reason the team doesn't know exactly how many they shipped... Something called Excel that can automatically do that but seems like they are keeping track a different way. I am just sick of not knowing where we are at in the queue.

2. Premium orders are being treated like God's little angels when us First batcher's have been here for a while, patiently waiting. You know what happens when you fill a cup with water right? It eventually over fills and spills everywhere. That's what I am starting to feel like. And, it's not because I have to wait a while for my Pandora, it is because other people are paying $200 more and getting in front of the line. I know times are hard for the team and they weren't getting enough from us 1st and 2nd batcher's but that isn't our fault... sorry to seem so harsh but that is there own dang fault. That's like if I go to the store and there is a sticker on a box of cereal for $1.00 but when I get up to the cash register it rings it up for $2.00; the store will have to honor the $1.00 mistake because they put that price on their in the first price. Now sure the store can change the price back to $2.00 but since I was "lucky" to get the cheaper one I should be allowed to have it. That also doesn't mean that other people in the store who pay an extra dollar get to cut me... ending up with like 100 people in front of me while I am trying to check out. See what I mean? Just doesn't work that way in the world.

3. This one goes out to craigix's post: If you say I should stop "guessing" and state the "facts" then maybe you should tell us these so called "facts" about the product we purchased so we can stop guessing. Might help clear up some questions... Also, it would help if you answer the questions people ask you and not just write a 2 line response making fun of the question asked... It would be more mature of a salesman.

That is about it right now. Hope this project starts going on a straight path and stops falling off the road.

I waited more then 2 years for my pandora. I love it. It's worth the wait.

Production is too slow, that's a bummer. Both to the community and the producers. They probably planned to be in batch 3 by now, every day they wait for CC costs them money. I believe craig when he says that premium was started to get out new units faster. It's possible that plans have changed and the money is now spend to keep the production running at all. I could imagine that was the reason from the beginning. Anyway, craig might seem a little radical from time to time, but in the end, he managed to keep this project running for years now and made a lot of people very happy. Everything would have been ashes 2 years ago and nobody would have gotten a real pandora or even money back if craig and ED wouldn't have that ingenious talent to calm down the community and trick them to keep their faith.

Did I tell that my pandora replaces my laptop at university? It's that awesome. If it had an apple on the back, they could sell a quadrillion of them.

Going now, have to play some tomba with my beloved entertainment and computing system.

That's affecting there young sir. There's a good chap.

D.

Well played. You have no idea how annoyed I am at that.

It should teach me to never do it again.

then post facts.

How many pandoras you where producing before the premiums, and how many now, and how many are premiums.

If CC cant build enough fast, you dont need to speed up so the reason to sell premiums disappear.

I am sorry, but after 2 years and a half of 2 months, i am tired of your lie. Be fair with everybody was and is supporting this and unless say truth, in numbers.

Where were the 1000 pandoras of this month?

then post facts.

How many pandoras you where producing before the premiums, and how many now, and how many are premiums.

If CC cant build enough fast, you dont need to speed up so the reason to sell premiums disappear.

I am sorry, but after 2 years and a half of 2 months, i am tired of your lie. Be fair with everybody was and is supporting this and unless say truth, in numbers.

Exactly, that is the same way I am feeling.

then post facts.

Cancel your order then, or don't you have one?

As far as I know, that's not true: At the moment CC just can't produce faster. So we get our units the fastest if they sell just enough Premium Pandoras to keep them running, but not more.

Enough premium orders roll in, they'll have to hire even more staff, which will up production.

This is my thinking anyway, I am not an OP employee, just helping to eliminate the attitude that the OP guys are sneering at the pre-order guys and giggling as they spend their money on vacations or something.

Enough premium orders roll in, they'll have to hire even more staff, which will up production.

This is my thinking anyway, I am not an OP employee, just helping to eliminate the attitude that the OP guys are sneering at the pre-order guys and giggling as they spend their money on vacations or something.

If I had my way I'd ban people saying that bullshit, because that's what it is and they know it, they only say it and start such threads to troll. It would make more financial sense to put this whole company in the bankruptcy, but then the trolls would win, and we can't have that :)

That's why instead we're slowly but surely making the Pandora the best handheld in the world.

Back