Premium Purchasers

Are you...

• Buying a OpenPandora for the first time?

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Upgrading your pre-order to a premium order?

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Already on pre-order and buying an additional premium OpenPandora?

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

mahousaru

Just want to get the feel of why you purchased a premium pandy.

Please elaborate why you brought a premium edition.

For example I am a first batcher and I brought a premium to help out the OPT and because I wanted a second pandy to give to my missus.

Can you add in an option for those sticking to their preorders? I'd like to see how that number compares.

I was a late batch 1 pre-order who's been looking to send more cash in OPT's direction, by buying swag (started a thread on that, and commented positively on all others) or donating, I upgraded to the Premium Pandora. My logic for this is not to anger anyone, but if I can help fund the project better and get my unit a few weeks faster I welcome it! I will still buy any Pandora swag if it becomes available and will also donate to the homebrew competitions (tonight probably, need to check my finances first). Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Microsoft, have gotten alot more of my money for projects I wasn't as excited about, so I see no fault in the little guy making an extra buck.

I was a late batch 1 pre-order who's been looking to send more cash in OPT's direction, by buying swag (started a thread on that, and commented positively on all others) or donating, I upgraded to the Premium Pandora. My logic for this is not to anger anyone, but if I can help fund the project better and get my unit a few weeks faster I welcome it! I will still buy any Pandora swag if it becomes available and will also donate to the homebrew competitions (tonight probably, need to check my finances first). Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Microsoft, have gotten alot more of my money for projects I wasn't as excited about, so I see no fault in the little guy making an extra buck.

Many thanks from those of us who don't have the extra dough! :lol:

I'm a queue jumper from mid-late batch two. Don't hate me just yet! I plan on contributing!

I haven't cancelled by preorder yet, though. I'm going to wait until I get my Pandora (unless anyone on the OPT suggest refunding sooner!) or if one of my friends shows an interest in getting my preorder.

I couldn`t agree more with Anihil8ion2199.

The OPT don't have an endless pot of cash so paying the extra bit to upgrade will help keep this project alive and, assuming they can get all the parts when they need them, speed the whole process up for everyone else. (and obviously i will get my pandora ~2 months sooner)

I've bought one, already got my confirmation email saying It should ship within 7 days... I'm also a 1st batcher and plan on keeping it as well.. I was going to have one just for Development stuff or may sell one to my brother who was sort of interested in this project..

Last edited by a moderator:
@Blue Protoman and tsh - Sorry just want to get a feeling of the number of Premium (instant) buyers, but feel free to comment!

Nice to see people are also motivated with helping out the project as well as getting their little box of goodness :D

@TrashyMG - So will you keep your 1st batch edition or the premium? I think I'm going to keep the 1st batch one :D

@TrashyMG - So will you keep your 1st batch edition or the premium? I think I'm going to keep the 1st batch one :D

That's what I'm thinking as well, keep the one I waited for. Unless the premium one is painted different or functions better that's my plan..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm new here but I've been lurking for months. :) I pre-ordered a Pandora for my husband in August of 2010, and we are still hoping to receive it by the end of March. He talked me into ordering one of the premium ones so that we can have it before an upcoming trip in February, so it looks like I will be a proud Pandora owner too! :D I'm looking forward to playing all sorts of games, but especially C64 and some old Sierra adventure games. Now I won't have to borrow his! Can't wait!

Hi, I'm new here but I've been lurking for months. :) I pre-ordered a Pandora for my husband in August of 2010, and we are still hoping to receive it by the end of March. He talked me into ordering one of the premium ones so that we can have it before an upcoming trip in February, so it looks like I will be a proud Pandora owner too! :D I'm looking forward to playing all sorts of games, but especially C64 and some old Sierra adventure games. Now I won't have to borrow his! Can't wait!
Welcome.Its a fun device and emulators can only get better with time.Plus the community here on the forums are generally a good bunch. :)

Welcome.Its a fun device and emulators can only get better with time.Plus the community here on the forums are generally a good bunch. :)

Does that include me?
Sure.Why not? :)

You haven't seen my two latest threads, have you?
I find your threads interesting and entertaining, with quite a bit of information thrown in. There may be one or five too many at a time here and there, but why not?

I upgraded my order to the premium for two resons;

1)

I will recieve my pandora earlier (reason enough, right?)

2)

I thought about this situation like when I download a great movie on tpb, saaay, Shawshank Redemption.

"Do not do to others that which we do not want them to do to us", in other words, leach!!

So I seed so others can get the chance to see this great movie! : )

I upgraded because I believe in this project and want to support them so they can continue building pandoras

to all that seek such a unique and genious product.

But to be totally honest, it was the "pandora in 7 days" that really struck me.

But when Craig said that the extra cash went to speeding up the production, that's were I was sold!

Long live the all mighty Pandora!

panda-knight.jpg

Back