I Am Seiously Considering....

Kumaki

If there is someone on the wait list who wants to cancel, and not wait anymore...if it got me a 1GHZ unit, or even a second Re-birth version...

I'd consider refunding the money to the prospective buyer myself, and take their place in the queue...and then THAT person could use the money I gave them, plus whatever extra needed...to go and order a Pandy they could have NOW from DragonBox or Ithic.

This serves a few purposes:

One, Someone who has been waiting...GETS a Pandy...they may have to pay more, but no cross-upgrade or upgrade to another queue...they actually GET a Pandy...with the money I give them, plus a little extra of their own...and no more waiting on queue.

Meanwhile, since I already HAVE a Pandy, I would not mind waiting on queue for a second one.

This would save Craig a lost sale or a cancel...and then he would not have to refund...and it would generate another NOW SALE./..which would help fund a unit for someone on the waiting list...and, lastly...I'd get a second Pandy for cheaper than I could otherwise GET a second Pandy...I'd just have to wait.

I'd even be willing to be put at the bottom of the queue - or at least behind everyone who doesn't have AT LEAST ONE Pandy already.

Everyone wins.

I'm thinking a number of us might consider doing this and helping our fellow waiting folks out.  Those of us who would like a second Pandy...and who already have ONE...would not MIND being on wait so much as those who don't even have ONE.

What do you all think?

Good idea?

There would be some trust and legalities involved.
There would indeed. On paper it's a good idea, but I think it would depend upon whether or not ED could handle the transaction. I'm guessing there would be liability involved in cases where the current queue position holder didn't really want to relinquish the position and just got scammed.

Oh, absolutely, this would have to be a deal where all parties were involved, and agreed.

Likely, Person A - the new buyer...

would send the check or money order to ED...

Who would then put Person A in Person B's spot on the queue

and would then send the uncashed check/money order...to Person B.

Literally, everyone would have to be involved and in agreement.

But an idea that might help some folks get their Pandy sooner....because they would then have the money - added to some of their own...to get one on direct order - which would also help fund another on the waiting list.  It would also help Craig with his pre-oreder queue...because you'd have people like Person A on the list...who would not be as worried about waiting, since they already HAD one and were just waiting for another.

It would also save Craig a lost sale and a refund.

And Person A...who is willing to wait for their second Pandy...gets one a bit cheaper - meanwhile someone who WAS waiting for just one...would get one.

Like I said, I just see it as an all-around win for everyone...as long as all parties are in agreement, and are involved.

Craig gets one to the bottom of his queue, since Person A doesn't mind waiting.  He doesn't lose a sale and grow his refund queue.

Person B, buying the new Pandy from DragonBox or Ithic...then funds a unit for another on the waiting list.

This way, two people on the waiting list get their Pandys, Craig doesn't lose a sale, and Person A gets a second, backup Pandy...for cheaper than he/she otherwise could.  Person B adds a little of their own money and gets a Pandy right away...and this way they get one right away, and have some funds with which to do it....instead of cancelling with Craig and ordering from Ithic...and be waiting on a refund from Craig.

It just seems to me that those of us who already have A Pandy..,and who might want a second - and not mind waiting for it...would thus get one cheaper...and everyone is happy.  Just a thought.

Kumaki, I like the idea, I just can't imagine how the logistics could work without costing a lot for Craig and ED to provide. And taking care of the logistics could be a nightmare.

Whichever shop selling could just offer a Pandora with a wait option.

The wait option means that your Pandora is sent to satisfy a preorder and you will get theirs when funds allow. 

It's actually not very complicated at all and is a great idea.

Whichever shop selling could just offer a Pandora with a wait option.

The wait option means that your Pandora is sent to satisfy a preorder and you will get theirs when funds allow. 

It's actually not very complicated at all and is a great idea.
We have that, it's called the queue. What the OP wants is the ability to buy somebody's spot in the queue and get their unit in exchange for giving them the refund.

Adding a new queue for people that opt into it, is just going to make things even more difficult to track.

EDIT: I get the feeling I misunderstood your post. Pay for the one unit to be built immediately, but wait to receive it until your turn came up. I suppose that could work, but it wouldn't really solve the problem of the queue. At least not as far as I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, a less-complicated way of doing it then...would be to offer folks who already have one Pandy, but would like a second one...a sweeter price...but it would also be understood this was a "wait" order...not an immediate order.

Someone who already HAS one Pandy would not mind waiting on the second one.

the funds collected would then help fund units on the other queue.

The logistics on this are...

Person A buys a pre-order unit at sweet price, and goes on a new Queuelist...Queue B.

Person B who is on the original queue...gets their unit shipped.

When the original queue has been served, start working on Queue B.

People on Queue B should not have as much a problem waiting, since they already HAVE one Pandy.

So you give Person A the option of buying a NOW unit at higher price...or a "wait" unit at lower price.

Either way, it helps clear the queue.  Some won't want to wait, anyway...and they could order a NOW unit at higher price.

But offer folks like me who would like a lower price...the ability to place a "wait" order which would fund a unit for someone who had been waiting even longer.

At any rate, however we work this, I think it IS a good idea, and could help some of our fellows who have been very patient...to actually GET their Pandys.

I would advise against the buy and add to end of queue idea...  ED and Craig need to be able to *clear* the pre-order queues.  It'll be harder to move towards that goal if the queues are not getting any shorter.

- Neelix

Well, without an injection of money, how do you propose that happens?

You'd end up, at least, with a queue of people who DIDN'T MIND waiting...instead of a queue of people spitting nails because they are waiting.

I see that as an advantage over the long-term of the project.  It doesn't help us to have people out there pissed off at Pandora LLC.  Maybe even saying bad things about it.

And as more sales happen, then you'd clear the other queue of people who did not mind waiting.

and THOSE peeps would get a second Pandy at a sweeter price, so they, too would be happy.

I don't see a downside, here.

I personally decided to donate a small amount, generally $10 to $40 USD (just what I can afford) every week to the pre-order fund via paypal.. maybe if more people decide to do this it may help out a bit.

I can see what you're doing - and it's rather noble.  You're feeling guilty for buying a 2nd Pandora because there are still people waiting in the queue who haven't gotten their first one.  There are shorter answers to your dilemma.

To get yourself a Pandora and one for some stranger:

Go to ED's store and buy a 1Ghz Pandora.  ED has stated that all margins on the sale go to financing the production of Pandoras to fulfill the back log.  So, buy one - get one and clear (most of) one from the queue.  Win win win.  This one is easy.

To be most effective in clearing the crap out of the pre-order queue:

Otherwise you could probably cut a deal with CraigIX to send him the 1Ghz price, have him use that cash for refunds then place your order at the end of the queue for an actual Pandora - no cancellation allowed.  Then you're on the bottom of the list.  That might clear out 2 real old pre-orders or 1.5 modern ones.  That would be directly between  you and CraigIX.

Well, without an injection of money, how do you propose that happens?

You'd end up, at least, with a queue of people who DIDN'T MIND waiting...instead of a queue of people spitting nails because they are waiting.

I see that as an advantage over the long-term of the project.  It doesn't help us to have people out there pissed off at Pandora LLC.  Maybe even saying bad things about it.

And as more sales happen, then you'd clear the other queue of people who did not mind waiting.

and THOSE peeps would get a second Pandy at a sweeter price, so they, too would be happy.

I don't see a downside, here.
^

This

The goal here is not to shrink the queue per se but to get Pandoras into the hands of people who ordered first to make them happy.

It's not the queue that hurts necessarily but the angry people who are getting sick of waiting and want to cancel.

We need to allow people who don't mind waiting to make NEW orders and then trade places with old preorders to make everyone happy.  

The old preorder gets a Pandora and the new order waits because they don't mind. 

Good stuff. 

That's not a horrible idea.. in theory... but makes a whole bunch of additional work for ED..

Craig would never agree because he needs to agree to handing over his pre-order information.

;)

I personally decided to donate a small amount, generally $10 to $40 USD (just what I can afford) every week to the pre-order fund via paypal.. maybe if more people decide to do this it may help out a bit.
It would be nice if I COULD donate 10 to 40 bucks a WEEK!!

Yoiu must have an awesome job!  There's a recession out there, in case you haven't heard.  some folk, like me...have been out of work for two years, and are struggling like hell to start our own companies because there are no jobs out there.

That's not a horrible idea.. in theory... but makes a whole bunch of additional work for ED..

Craig would never agree because he needs to agree to handing over his pre-order information.

;)
Craig might not have a choice.

The alternative is for everyone who has a pre-order with Craig to all cancel and demand refunds, and for this to ruin Craig, and have him bankrupt out of the whole thing, and you have a bunch of REALLY pissed off folk who didn't get a Pandy OR a refund.

Unless anyone could come up with a better idea!

Fact is, Craig is in big trouble.  This is not entirely his fault...I get this, we all understand what problems happened along the way.

BUT...these are also people who HAVE Pandys already...who understand.  Those who don't....are just pissed off and tired of hearing excuses, and not knowing when, or if, they'd ever GET a Pandy.

MY idea...replaces the old queue of people spitting nails...with new people who haven't yet been waiting as long...and who already HAVE a unit, and so do not mind waiting.

It buys some more time for the whole project to get right on it's feet.

And those willing to go into such a queue...are rewarded with a slightly lower price on the second unit...say, 100 bucks off.  and doing so..,they also understand up-front that it is a WAIT order and not a NOW order.

If 100 bucks is too much...maybe you send everyone who orders a WAIT order a free SD card or something...and in any case, the funds generated from the new WAIT orders...get the older waiting folks their Pandys.

I mean, nobody is going to place a WAIT order when they can place a NOW order...without SOME incentive!!

And the incentive here is the free SD card...maybe even free TV-Out cables if we ever get them...or $100 off.

And the second incentive is knowing that money is going to get another fellow their FIRST Pandy.

Just sayin'

It would be nice if I COULD donate 10 to 40 bucks a WEEK!!

Yoiu must have an awesome job! 
Yeah I suppose I have stable work and I'm single.. but I was wasting money on silly things and I cut a significant amount of my expenses in 2012..  I got rid of my land phone line, got rid of cable TV once my cable provider offered an Internet only service, I stopped playing a $15 a month MMORPG and got rid of a dedicated web hosting service that was costing me $38 dollars a month. 

so 10 to 40 dollars a week for the pre-order fund isn't so bad now that I done that.

where's that old "badges" thread...

I think TrashyMG should have some supreme-donations badge under his name :)

very good of you Trashy

Wow, that's really impressive. So you are donating at least 1-2 Pandoras per year. The receivers of said Pandoras should be informed that they were paid by you only ;) .

Back