Preparing for a Prototype

In my experience of going on holiday in southern sweden at the same time as a hell of a lot of germans is that they like cheese for breakfast, admittedly with ham or wurst, but it was the slices of processed cheese that seemed oddest to me.

Not everyone likes porridge, levi. :)

I thought in England you're used to hard cheese - like on crackers. I've seen Wallace and Gromit, you know.

Reactions: rSl
Wonder how many Wursts Grench have to eat until he get his prototyphe ..
I ate two Italian sausages (wursts) for lunch.

You wanted to get back on topic...
After the last contact round with ED regarding prototype pre-orders - I replied validating my address, etc - I have not received any additional information.

So, not a lot to report here. I have a nice USB 3.0 hub and an Avegant Glyph waiting to test, but not much else to report.

Only 2 Wursts ^^
Sorry couldn’t resist...

Och nö, now I also started a Offtopic, although I want to know how it’s going whit your Prototype..

My intention is to take your Experience to be prepared much better for my Normal Pree Preeorder Pyra 28 ..

If you wanna be authentic, the plural is Würste. ;) Or better yet, stick with the singular. Units in use since the olden days get to have a plural, when the factor differs from 1 and from -1. Every newer unit is used in grammatical singular not matter the factor. (In German that is. Don't know a formal rule for that - it's my observation as a German.)

I don't think matze's trying to be authentic. He's trying to communicate with an english board in his particular amalgam of German and English (both equally broken i suspect). As an englisher I appreciate his attempt to simplify the plural for us; I doubt I'd have recognised Würste as even being plural.

Exactly. That's why I wanted to inform Grench, who came up with a new unit to measure time, namely Grenchwurst. I should have made clear, who I'm addressing, though.

ate six (!) mini vegan plantbased "likemeat" wursts yesterday, Grenchwursts clock is ticking ...

My Intention wasnt that much to be authentic, i just wantet to be a bit entertaining by mixing english whit german,

Althought i still wonder how many Würstchen whe have to eat until Grench gets his Pyra.., vegan, vegetarian, from happy animals, (until they realised they get made to würstchens.. ) ^^ ,

As long its not from this German Meat Factory, thats full of listeries..

Althought i still wonder how many Würstchen whe have to eat until Grench gets his Pyra

Not sure, but I'm just having a bowl of porridge, so I'll be counting these. I can guarantee that no haggis (or other such endangered species) were harmed in the making.

Last edited:
Not sure, but I'm just having a bowl of porridge, so I'll be counting these. I can guarantee that no haggis (or other such endangered species) were harmed in the making.
I have seen the phrase, "bowl of porridge". Never seen one or seen it listed on a menu. Only real references to it I can think of to it was from a Dickens book and a nursery rhyme.

It comprises the "most important meal of the day" here, although I feel most people, unlike myself, don't cook it from the raw ingredients.

My porridge is neither too sweet, nor too salty. Just don't call me Goldilocks.

Wtf is porridge. I know it's a food, but what's it made of.

Not to be confused with Genesis Breyer P-Orridge, the musician, who is not a food.

Porridge - My version... ("sweet") - serves 2 modest portions, or one greedy individual:
- Rolled oats (1 cup)
- Soy milk (1 cup) - could be water or milk, but if it's water, perhaps use a little less
- Water (2 cups)

The rest of these ingredients can be whatever you want, but what I tend to use are...
- Salt, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Paprika (to taste)
- Fruit & nuts (to taste, but I usually use chopped walnuts, dates, figs & prunes)
- (I sometimes add bran or wheat-grass for added colour or texture) - the wheat grass has the added bonus of making the porridge green *

Mix the ingredients and ideally cook on a low temperature for 30 minutes on the hob, stirring occasionally until it thickens (to taste). Can be cooked faster, but will be less creamy.

* I made date & walnut scones using quite a bit of wheat grass and they ended up bright green. Eating them in the middle of a busy shopping centre got more than a few glances (they tasted great though)

Sorry for trolling your thread @Grench

/off-topic

Back