Pyra Enclosure Swapping and Modification Questions

directive0

Very Active Member
Hey @EvilDragon I just recently swapped the case on my unit over from the black to the prototype clear case just for fun. I have some questions about the Pyra case and I figured it would be good to put them on record in case anyone else has them in the future:

0.jpeg
3.jpeg

First just to bring anyone reading up to speed. My Pyra (q42020-0241) was delivered in a black case, I bought a clear prototype case as I prefer the prison electronics look. I encountered some issues that were not immidiately clear:

1.jpeg
2.jpeg

I broke my screen since there were some tabs on prototype screen bezel that needed to be removed with a rotary tool and a grinding bit. I also removed some material around the nubs as they didn't move freely and got hung up on the plastic leading to mouse drift. ED was kind enough to send a new screen and I was back up and running. Thank you so much ED.

My questions are:
  • What are the screw types used for the case? If I need to replace them what should I use?
  • I notice on the blender for the pyra case that there is a little end stop:
    Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 6.08.29 PM.png
I would like to add this stop to my pyra. Is there a critical reason this was removed from the final case?

Thanks for your time!

Still no response from @EvilDragon, but I have no doubt he is busy with the shop. I will I carry on.

As I continue to enjoy my Pyra I have run into more problems.

5.jpeg
6.jpeg

Looks like my right nub decided to self destruct. I used the blender file to try and devise a replacement. It worked okay, but just a word of warning to anyone using the blender file; it is wildly out of scale. I had to resize all the meshes and do some caliper checking to get this one right.

I have attached the STL should anyone need it.

Attachments

• Pyra_nub.stl.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Back