The Pyra is coming!

€70 delivery to the Turkey? I know I am disturbing people like you A LOT but can someone say that I am wrong?
Unfortunately, devices with batteries (like the Pandora) cannot be shipped anymore with normal postal service (dangerous goods).

The only one of the delivery services I offer which can do that is UPS.

€70 delivery to the Turkey? I know I am disturbing people like you A LOT but can someone say that I am wrong?
Unfortunately, devices with batteries (like the Pandora) cannot be shipped anymore with normal postal service (dangerous goods).

That's a pity...

Why does that strike me as something UPS would have lobbied for...?

I suppose this means you can't ship individual batteries either? Would there be anything gained by shipping just the battery through UPS and the rest of the system through someone sane?

It may well take 2-3 years for Pyra software to fully mature. By then, I imagine your family will no longer be keeping strict tabs on your expenditure, so you can buy an(other) expensive toy palmtop computer

Also, is this a shipping out of Germany thing, or a shipping to Turkey? I haven't heard of such a rule for shipping in North America but I probably missed it.

I haven't heard of such a rule for shipping in North America but I probably missed it.
USPS has gone back and forth a couple times.  I think they were outright prohibiting lithium battery shipment for a while, but rolled back some of the restrictions when they realized that everything has a battery these days and everybody was just ignoring the not-well-publicized rules.  As best I can tell, these are the current requirements - not that anybody actually follows them either.

Thanks to everyone! I just bought a Pandora Rebirth. I am a bit worried about the power but... I will have a Pandora!

usps.com said:
lithium-ion batteries must be 2.7 watt-hours or less.
Welp, the Pyra battery is about 10 times that, so yeah...
And this is where it becomes very good to have a distributor inside the US.  Link should be able to receive a shipment of a few hundred, re-box and ship them inside the US for a fraction of what ED would have to get for shipping them as individual units.

Thanks to everyone! I just bought a Pandora Rebirth. I am a bit worried about the power but... I will have a Pandora!
Next step is to buy a good sized SD card and a solid quality set of headphones so you can take full advantage of it.

Next step is to buy a good sized SD card and a solid quality set of headphones so

you can take full advantage of it.
Hmm. I have a stereo headphone that I feel comfortable when I am using it and I can probably find good SD cards here.

Next step is to buy a good sized SD card and a solid quality set of headphones so you can take full advantage of it.
One can never emphasize the brilliant audio quality of the Pandora (every version) enough.

It's still by far the best audio chip in all devices I have ever encountered and it has a volume wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebirth is a good in between. It having the 512MB of system memory is better for things like internet browsing. It can be overclocked fairly well. I can easily clock it over 1Ghz, however typically run it about 930Mhz as I know it's stable there. The 1Ghz units have slight advantage on CPU limited games and has a slightly speedier memory/system bus. My rebirth Pandora now exclusively sits on my old 36" 4:3 CRT Monitor/TV hitched up with the TV out cable...

Some suggestions: 

- Pale-Moon :it's a lightweight version of firefox. personally feel it's the best browser on the Pandora.

- Kodi: is a cool full featured media player, youtube browser plugin in the latest version works great. However something to add Video playback is a little lacking on the Pandora, videos encoded using h264/x264 are a little too demanding for it. However I use Universal Media Server installed on one of my PCs, to transcode and stream videos to something playable on the Pandora... pretty much allowing me to watch any video I want using Kodi's uPnP playback support. 

Well all I have time to share for now... if you have more questions, post it in the Pandora section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot! Delivery will take some time, so I am waiting to download all these things into my Pandy :)

You can also start the Download now, so your ready when the Pandora arives, just put the PND on a USB Stick or an SD Kart, its easy to just copy from on drive to another on the Pandora via ctrl c and ctrl v (copy and paste)..

In the 2 Yeahrs between preorder and recive of my Pandora, i bought me lots of PSX Games, and put they in a File which is suportet from Pcsxrearmed ..

You can also start the Download now, so your ready when the Pandora arives, just put the PND on a USB Stick or an SD Kart, its easy to just copy from on drive to another on the Pandora via ctrl c and ctrl v (copy and paste)..

In the 2 Yeahrs between preorder and recive of my Pandora, i bought me lots of PSX Games, and put they in a File which is suportet from Pcsxrearmed ..
I am so excited! I hope I can get it before the weekend! (Which is a very low chance)

Back