Preparing for a Prototype

This is also my plan too, but not for a Prototyphe, but for an early produktion model,
I dotnt like my voice at all if i hear its from outside, (like most peaple), and i dotnt think i should show too many from my envroiment (at least until i clean up and dust)..,
Some Pictures on my Sofa, maybe in comparassion whit the Pandora, maybe from my Desktop Setup, as i hope USB and HDMI is allready running then..

After get my unit I'm going to test for:
- DS emulation
- N64 emulation
- GC emulation
- Super Tux Kart
- FlightGear
- Rogue
- Tomenet

I'm expecting the latter two to work properly but I'm not sure which of the others the Pyra will be bale to keep up with. Probably not FlightGear or GC emulation, but I can try.

I would suggest, the first few weeks, there are no DS N64 GC etc, as they still working on the 3D Driver, and on Low Level Stuff,
When everything works, then its time for the big Emulators..

But still when i only have Gameboy on my first few Weeks, i think i would be happy to change my EDC Pandora to the Pyra..

But still when i only have Gameboy on my first few Weeks, i think i would be happy to change my EDC Pandora to the Pyra..
What is EDC Pandora? Also have you ever tried emulating one of DS, N64, or GC on Pandora and if yes then which ones and how did they do?

Anyway the Z80 Gameboys and the Advance also have a lot of nice games.

Probably Super Tux Kart will not work, at least the latest versions (9.x+) because they need a higher version of OpenGL than what the Pyra can do if I remember correctly. But Versions 8.x might be able to run :)
Not sure about the rest :-#
(I am assuming that you mean 0.9.x and 0.8.x.) That's too bad, because version 1.0 added multiplayer which IMO is the most important feature by far. It's a ton of fun and I think that the Pyra has better controls than a regular keyboard does.

EDC= Every Day Carry
That makes sense. The Pandora or Pyra is certainly one of the standard tools of every adventurer. In fact, it's almost as if I'm naked without one of these! I'd like to carry a Pyra with me on my timely travel to Tailand, but unfortunately supplies won't be delivered soon enough so I will have to complete my calling of conscious consummation without this example of excellent electronic equipment.

Rest assured that after my next adventure, on the following foray to this faraway foundation of felicity I'll probably be packing a Pyra on my person!

I use to carry my Pandora and a Ebook Reader every day, , even if i dotnt need them every day..

On Pandora, i tried N64, and DS, but ditnt tried Gamecube, as there isnt a Gamecube Emulator, and i dotnt think Gamecube will work on Pyra..
Or you meant DC as in Dreamcast, but i also ditnt tried this out as i only have the slowest Pandora Model, but i want to use the Dreamcast Emulator on Pyra

N64 works pretty good, at least for Standart Games like Mario 64 and Mario Kart, the Zelda Games are a bit slow, and some other Games like Concers Bad Furday wasnt playable for me..
DS, was also pretty good, only some Games like GTA Chinatown Wars ditnt work for me, i dotnt know why, and i testet multiple Rom Versions..

Also have you ever tried emulating one of DS, N64, or GC on Pandora and if yes then which ones and how did they do?
My Pandora could play any DS game I threw at it after Exophase's emulator was released, and N64 improved a lot after Ari64 improved the dynarec, and then Ptitseb packaged up all of the improvements made by the android community and improved them for us. There was never a GC emulator released for it, although I was having plenty of fun playing old Atari ST games and Amstrad CPC stuff I wasn't familiar with before. Having a physical keyboard allows emulators for old computers to run very well.

But the Pyra is something of a reset. It took a number of years before the N64 emulator came about on the Pandora, and DS stuff came around even later. I wasn't part of the active community early enough to get a feel for how long it took for Notaz's PCSX to come about, although I remember reading about it and watching videos linked from Gruso's old news site. Of course, the transition from a low power GP2X to a Pandora was far greater than the step from Pandora to Pyra, and it didn't take too long for ports of things like GPsp, the GBA emulator, so perhaps most of what's been done on pandora can be brought over to the Pyra quickly, especially if Exophase pops back up to help out. I have already seen picodrive running a MD/Gen game on a Pyra prototype, but there were issues with the scaler at the time so it was only running in a little window. But in general I think it's better for us if we limit our expectations so that we're positively surprised when this stuff does get ported and developed.

Dotnt traw the Devil on the Wall, as far the 3D Driver on the Pyra is Running, its just needs a Buttonpush and a Remapping on Ptitsebs Magical Porting Machine, as whe allready have the Pandora Ports..

Or at least i hope so..

There are still not open source things that can be only ported by the author. I'm mostly concerned about drastic, I enjoyed this a lot in the pandora and would hate not having it on pyra. Would love to have it running with the double resultion filter.

There are still not open source things that can be only ported by the author. I'm mostly concerned about drastic, I enjoyed this a lot in the pandora and would hate not having it on pyra. Would love to have it running with the double resultion filter.
Luckily, Drastic is expected to be opensource likely before I get my Pyra anyways, some time next year. https://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5680

Granted, don't count your chickens before they hatch, and all that. But still.

It wouldn't surprise me if Exophase was one of the ?12? people who ED already selected for a prototype unit. I've no way of knowing of course, but if I had to list the people who made the Pandora probably my favourite handheld ever (as I have done in a couple of places recently) then Exo would be in my top ten - if not my top five.

thumbnail_IMG_4687.jpg

Back