Preparing for a Prototype

Thank you so much Michael . You have made my Chritmas :D
Post automatically merged:

Congratulations, also its cool to have now 2 Protoyphe Guys who wants to post pictures ^^
I didn't say anything all these years ....I have a hectic work life and kids but i will being more active participant on the boards> I will post more later on today

Couple more pictures :)

I will put some vids up later and more pics i have to finish of some work before the Xmas break starts. But any questions or if anyone wants me to install software ...Just ask away ...Its time i be little bit more pro active in the community

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4691.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4691.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 386
  • thumbnail_IMG_4689.png
    thumbnail_IMG_4689.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 404
@funkyarif Congratulations! When we chatted a bit over the last few days you said you were thinking of naming it. Not a bad idea! You're the first to get yours - you get the run on names. If you have one in mind, declare it before the next four of us get ours and 'steal' it!

(Gentleman's rule: No naming or reserving a name for your Pyra until you have it in hand - proof by photo.)

Unintelligent things that get named: Old houses in England, Ireland and Europe? Stradivarius cellos. Boats. Pyra prototypes. :D

@funkyarif Congratulations! When we chatted a bit over the last few days you said you were thinking of naming it. Not a bad idea! You're the first to get yours - you get the run on names. If you have one in mind, declare it before the next four of us get ours and 'steal' it!

(Gentleman's rule: No naming or reserving a name for your Pyra until you have it in hand - proof by photo.)

Unintelligent things that get named: Old houses in England, Ireland and Europe? Stradivarius cellos. Boats. Pyra prototypes. :D
You know what ...I cant think of one LOL..... Yours was easy ...Red 5 :) (star wars nerd) Think of a name for me

Are you sure it simply doesn't take ages until they're created? :D
I did wait about 40 mins and i gave up lol ....I think you are right

You know what ...I cant think of one LOL..... Yours was easy ...Red 5 :) (star wars nerd) Think of a name for me

That was your name suggestion for mine - but I'm not a Star Wars nerd. I haven't even seen the last 5? movies? I have a different idea in mind for mine, but we will see what fits it once I have it on a table in front of me.

For yours, though, it looks like you have a mostly black case with a blue transparent keyboard area. It was prototype order #4, but the first one received. You do seem to be a likely sci-fi aficionado who likes Star Wars Hmm. Google searching for Blue Prime, Blue Four, Blue Star Wars, etc led me to two possibilities you might like? Blue Leader
Code:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Leader
, Blue Four
Code:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Four
? Maybe someone else here can help come up with a name for it?

Update on mine: A 2.5KG package was tendered to FedEx Express just shy of two hours ago. (Pyra isn't the only thing in that box - I also ordered a GPD Micro PC to co-ship with it.) Exciting times. Checking my FedEx tracking number is like a kid watching a Santa Sleigh tracker.

Sorry i meant to say I am the star wars nerd :D lol....My bad .... and Blue leader :) sounds cool ...
Omg this is one day i cant wait to get back home from work early ..
Went in late waiting for the Fedex Van .....It got delivered to my old address and i got them to redeliver to the new one.

Got so much to do today including pick up the turkey
I have done a little unboxing vid on my phone with my son and as usual
Kids are brutally honest- He loved the certifcate more then the pyra but he is very young

GPD micro PC looks awesome.i was tempted as i have GPD win 2 which my eldest son uses now ...
i have stuck to the Pandy but my first impressions of the pyra no joke ....it feels great.....They keyboard and touchscreen feel so good.
I will give a more detailed review later when i actually have time to use it.

PS the shoulder buttons feel great

My Pyra should be named like my Pandora, (meine Pandora) or my IPhone (mein Telefon)
So it will be „meine Pyra“
But it’s not a prototype sadly ..

As of this morning it was scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

New scheduled delivery date is now Friday.

ED had it in system by 5 AM Garching DE time.
FedEx picked up there at 3:27 PM.
Left FedEx Origin Facility at 7:15 PM.
7:47 PM Garching DE "Package received after FedEx cutoff "

Miss the cutoff anywhere along the lines inside the system, package gets delayed three days. Got to love what the holiday season does to package deliveries. Hope the other two that went out today had better luck winding their way through.

Entirely not ED's fault. After the delivery finally gets here, though, I would support ED in clawing back whatever he can from FedEx for the 'overnight delivery' up-charge - while getting 4-day delivery if he wants to pursue it.

Glad it isn't perishable. Can you imagine if this were seafood?

Oh, that's a bummer :( I especially ordered it to be overnight priority to make sure it arrives before christmas.
I'll contact FedEx for sure.

Back