Price Of Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.
'gerbilplane' said:
Does anyone know if the pandora will be cheaper when it starts being mass produced?
It won't. The prices of most parts aren't going to drop much, so the price should stay mostly the same for this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure they said it will RISE for the second batch, to $340.

[edit] You mean 256. Answer is yes, they won't be going back to 128.

The NAND is 512, that shouldn't change either.

the pandora has a terrific selling price imho. I'd buy it even if it were like 400 bucks, and I'm sure many others would too :p
instead of that, I got a huge SD card, which makes it a perfect deal :)

'.Gogeta§§J4BR.' said:
the pandora has a terrific selling price imho. I'd buy it even if it were like 400 bucks, and I'm sure many others would too :p
instead of that, I got a huge SD card, which makes it a perfect deal :)
Oh yes, for even $400 it's a steal! :D Similar UMPC devices go for minimum $600, but with piss poor battery life, weaker 3D hardware, no touchscreen, and no gaming controls.

Unfortunately, my country's exchange rate is also piss poor. (I like that phrase) $340 is more like...err... $450 plus whatever Customs nails me for. (possibly $50)

The first batch looks like it's going to be sold at maybe cost price, maybe a slight loss just due to all the overheads and years of investment.

But batch two should give us some profit.

Indeed if you compare it to similar devices and consider the small runs we are doing it represents amazing value.

'craigix' said:
The first batch looks like it's going to be sold at maybe cost price, maybe a slight loss just due to all the overheads and years of investment.

But batch two should give us some profit.

Indeed if you compare it to similar devices and consider the small runs we are doing it represents amazing value.
Absolutely. Given the specs, 400 Euro wouldn't be that unreasonable.

Am I the only one who read "prince of persia"? :(

I might be wrong but i think it'll be £266 / 298 euros / $330

Probably a similar phenomenon as this at work:

CODE

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/ReadableMessBetweenFirstAndLastLetters/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back