Problem with 64GB SDXC card

pisiiki

Still Fresh
Hi, I have been trying to use a 64GB SDXC card in my pandora for the last four days without success. The card is brand new and works fine in my PCs both in linux and windows.

The pandora starts to complain about read/write errors in my ext2 or ext3 filesystem soon after starting to work with the card. It is a Transcend 64GB SDXC class 10 card. I have tested it by mounting with the sync option, noatime, nodiratime ... I have tested with different block sizes in the filesystems. I have also tested the deadline I/O sheduler rebuilding the kernel. I was able to delay the problem by using sync, 2048 block sizes and the deadline sheduler in an 63GB ext2 partition.

At some point the system starts to act funny and stops writing to the filesystem. It gives lots of read/write errors and the filesystem gets corrupted. This happens seconds or minutes after doing some stuff like decompressing a .tar.gz.

I think this is worth checking out, now you can get a 64GB SDXC card for about 120 bucks and some people may run into the same headaches.

Any ideas about kernel configs? any tweaks that may help?

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Sandisk 64GB card and it works fine.

However, one of the SD slots on my Pandora is bad and always ends up corrupting the filesystem like that. The other slot is fine.

Back