Problem With My Pc Help Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CABBAGES

Website
Visit site
Hi i have 2 hard drives. The one i booted from using xp stopped working said something about a file being corrupt. I was fuckin about and think i have fucked it up even more. I installed windows in my other drive but cant get into my files on my first drive. I Think its coz i had a password when i logged onto my pc coz its only the folder called "john" in the documents and settings folder that i cant open.
Anyone know how i can get into that folder ?

xp home or pro?
Xp home go into safe mode and log in as an admin account(your account)

Right click the folder. GO into security or what ever and change the permissions. I had to talk to a tech support rep and had to wait 2 hours to do that.

CABBAGES posted on Oct 6 2004 at 10:23 PM said:
i cant log on atall on the drive that has the folder i want to get into.

AFAIR it's because the user directories are protected - so you can't access them if you aren't the user or the Admin (and you aren't the admin of the windows installation which has user john, since you installed another one).

Now, you can do some things:

1. Try to recover the original windows (should be possible now that you have another one running)
or
2. Try to access the emergency console for the original windows and copy all the files over to publically accessible directory
or
3. Get a Linux boot disk and copy the files over to another Dir. Linux doesn't care about the windows rights ;))

Last edited:
Back