Problems With Drmd

Mr Pace

Still Fresh
Hi, i'm new to the GP32 scene so go easy on me :)
Have installed the latest version of DrMD on my GP32 and notice that there seems to be a strange vertical line just to the left of centre when playing the games. Any ideas why this is, or a cure? thanks.

A VERTICAL line?
Never heard of that... strange.
You could try changing the LCD setting on the main menu, perhaps this happens if you select Taiwanese and play on a normal BLU...?

I have a BLU+ GP32 bought in the GBAX summer sale, wich is supposedly guaranteed to run at 166 mhz.. so this is the speed i am running it at for DrMD (and pretty much everything else). Not sure if that counts as overclocking as i'm new to this, but upon saying that i've noticed if i drop the speed to 133 the line becomes very faint and hardly noticeable at all. Does this mean my GP32 isn't a 166 model, or by putting it at 166 am i 'overclocking' it? Little confused :)
Thanks in advance for your help

Do you get the line on other emulators at 166Mhz. Try a Ryleh emulator ( FGB etc) as we both use the same triple buffering technique.

Mr Pace posted on Aug 12 2005 at 06:19 PM said:
Hi, i'm new to the GP32 scene so go easy on me :)
Have installed the latest version of DrMD on my GP32 and notice that there seems to be a strange vertical line just to the left of centre when playing the games. Any ideas why this is, or a cure? thanks.

I have a BLU and a BLU+ and never really noticed a vertical line on either one. I have played it at 144 and 162 MHz.

The only app I noticed a vertical line on was Wolf 3D. It was kind of a flickery line that looks as if you are watching an old film with light scratches in the film at the center. Is it like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try putting fully-recharged batteries in -- I've had a similar line in DrMD when the batteries are low.

gaterooze posted on Aug 12 2005 at 09:29 PM said:
Try putting fully-recharged batteries in -- I've had a similar line in DrMD when the batteries are low.

Maybe they are now using a 3rd screen, a blu++ :p

Maybe he means the vertical redrawing line that runs across the screen from the left to the right. I dont know if it is connected with certain cpu speed but its much more visible in some applications than in other.

If you are using rechargeable batteries it may be worth trying a pair of duracells just to see if the effect goes away.

My blu is stable at 166 but only gives me a perfect picture if I'm using normal batteries. (it varies between emu's but some flicker a lot while others give me lines -a bit like old film - and occasional screen tares that I don't get with normal batteries)

I tend to use rechargeables anyway cos i can put up with all of the special effects and I'm to tight to pay for new batteries.

thingley posted on Aug 13 2005 at 03:35 PM said:
If you are using rechargeable batteries it may be worth trying a pair of duracells just to see if the effect goes away.

My blu is stable at 166 but only gives me a perfect picture if I'm using normal batteries. (it varies between emu's but some flicker a lot while others give me lines -a bit like old film - and occasional screen tares that I don't get with normal batteries)

I tend to use rechargeables anyway cos i can put up with all of the special effects and I'm to tight to pay for new batteries.

It makes sense that "real" batteries will work better. The GP32 is designed to work from a 3V power supply, but with rechargeables you're only supplying 2.4V, which means you're running at 80% of the recommended voltage.

Ah! That's why a power source from wall outlet gives better OC... And assumably, a regular battery would also.

Wonder why they are 1.2 V?

Would 4Volts give me even more performance boost?!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

*zap!* *drizle*

:(

Back