Processor Question

Fyvve

Website
Visit site
I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. The wiki doesnt really say if there is a difference. I just want to know what the performance difference is. Some sellers on ebay claim that the P-III-M actually performs well above its clock speed. I thought that was about the Pentium M (which is based on the P-III.) Anyway, any help here is appreciated. I mean is the P-III-M the same as a pentium M? If not, is a P-III-M pretty much the equivalent of a p-III?

the pentium 3 mobile is the equivalent to a normal p3 only with lower voltage and thus lower power consumption (and probably an unlocked multiplier)

the pentium m is 'based' on the pentium 3 design but it is not a p3. it's the evolution of the p3, the quasi pentium 4 if intel hadn't gone netburst....

sam fisher said:
If i remember, P3's were the fastest and best intel cores for their time? Has this record been beaten by the core series yet?
Are you seriously comparing Pentium 3s with Core Duos? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
i still don't get it lol ;)

the p3 was the best processor of it's time, then amd rose with the thunderbird series and then the athlon xp contra pentium 4, which was just getting it's performance out of megahearts (or rather megahurts lol)

so pentium 3 was very efficient clock for clock
pentium 4 was a megahearts whore and power consumption was very high.
and then intel switched back to the pentium 3/pentium m design and now we have the core series with lower clock speed but more performance per clock.

Nova said:
Hanz™ said:
Nova said:
In conclusion AMD>All
Core Duo is better right now. :)

Veto'd.

AMD are due an intel beater pretty soon.

Highly unlikely, every attempt to best the Cores has been disappointing and met with even better Intel releases. AMD had a good run, but no one sees them taking the crown back any time soon - they'll likely have to go back to selling budget chips.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know if barcelona will be any better than intels core series. i'm an amd fanboy as well but intel did it all right this time. but i hope amd will be able to counter.

Why do you care, though? You should just be happy you have ever increasing processing power, regardless of who supplies it. There's no reason to champion Intel or AMD.

why not? there's no reason to champion arsenal over chelsea, or dallas mavericks over la lakers.

it's competition so there are fans. i'm an amd and ati fan since many years ago ;) but i'm not the hooligan type.

Back