Project Space Station - Need Some Cga Dosbox Help

TrevorBradley

Hey everyone, I decided to give this another go.

One of my favourite games is the old HESWare classic "Project Space Station". I played it for many years for PC on an old 5 1/4" floppy, and it was one of the things I was hoping to get working for my GP2X.

The obvious solution is to move to C64 and VICE. I'm an old C64 fan and VICE works fantastic. However, Project Space Station seems to have a glitch in the C64 rom, where a line is missing from the display on various screens (about 4-5 lines down). The same problem occurs when I run the rom on VICE on my PC, so it's a rom issue, not a GP2X issue.

I'd try the Apple version, but I've no clue about Apple emulation on the GP2x.

What I really want to get going is DOSBox. I have a working copy of DOSBox with Tyrian and Alone in the Dark working, but when I configure Project Space Station I get a mouse pointer, what looks like a corrupted title screen, and then a black screen crash.

Should I give this up? Or is there some way I can diagnose what's going on? I'm guessing it's possible dosbox.conf needs some tweaking, but I'd like some advice.

Solution found, though it's not a dosbox solution. I found an updated, uncorrupted C64 rom...

Back