Properly managing OpenBox?

ezeke

Still Fresh
Hey, I kinda got the hang of this thing. I got openbox, its pretty cool and all, but the wifi isn't on automatically when it boots up, and the OSX-like shortcut bar at the bottom gets filled with apps I dont want. It's slightly inconvenient, but no big deal. I have to delete the shortcuts from the desktop folder, but everytime I reboot or install something it resets tobeing completely full. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Also, you can disable the warlock by go to Openbox Config >> Edit autostart>>Put the # in front of "openbox-functions togglewbar">>Save the filfe>>Restart your machine>>wala! the warlock bar disappeared ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I got the WarlockBar working properly, now all I need to do is fix the wifi. Any ideas?

You mean you don't have wifi? like can't connect to the internet?  If so, you have to enable both wifi and its applet.

You mean you don't have wifi? like can't connect to the internet?  If so, you have to enable both wifi and its applet.
No, its that even if I have it set to automatically connect connect in the normal settings, it doesn't, and I have to do it manually. Kinda annoying. Any way to fix this?

No, its that even if I have it set to automatically connect connect in the normal settings, it doesn't, and I have to do it manually. Kinda annoying. Any way to fix this?
Sorry for the late response.  Forgot about this post.  Anyway do the following:

• Open Openbox Config >> Edit autostart and add "openbox-functions networkapp_ON" to the file.  Save it.
  • Go to Startup in the Pandora Settings menu and check the  "Enable Wifi on bootup" option.
  • Restart your machine and you're good to go.

Back