Ps3 Sells Out At Launch

Steve-O

PS3 Sells out at launch... wasnt hard realy since their was only 100,000 available :p .... -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6135452.stm

And the Price in Japan Seems Cheap, £270 for the Full Expensive Package!!! -

The PlayStation 3 (PS3) is being sold in two configurations. The more expensive version has a 60GB hard drive and wi-fi on board and costs, in Japan, 60,000 yen (£270). The cheaper version has a 20GB hard drive, lacks the wi-fi and will cost 49,980 yen (£222).

Plus remeber it has a Blu Ray drive and Blu Ray players alone cost £600 - £1000...

Am I surprised? No.

Am I impressed by the first hand reports? Somewhat. I'll probably get one when it lands in Europe.

Edit: so, when's the next batch coming? There's been all this talk about the first one but nothing about the next.

Wow, that really is cheap compared to the announced release price in the US/EU. Does Sony have a surprise for us perhaps? I still can't believe how badly they have been botching this launch though, the delay in European release is nearly unforgivable.

U should all check eBay. Apparently there are quite a few on there cause my mum checked out of curiousity. Also saw one on Something For the Weekend on BBC2 this morning. They were playing wat looked like Motorstorm and it looked terrible and played terrible.

I don't think I'd ever buy a Sony product at launch.... They have too many problems.

The only one who seems to be able to launch a console right (in terms of the hardware not being faulty) is Nintendo.

Back