Psfreedom Ported To Work With Dingoo

this might sound like a stupid question, but when changing my 80gb hdd for a 500gb hdd, am i going to be able to keep my current firmware? after looking about for info on this i get the idea that unless i can find 3.41 firmware somwhere online then the only option is to download the official release of 3.42, obviously this is what i dont want. thanks

I believe there are ways of updating your firmware 'offline' (to the version of your choice), but I haven't researched it much. I've only got a 40GB drive in my PS3; I decided to leave it in place and use a 500GB USB drive.

It was updated recently to support peek and poke sys calls for stuff like the new custom firmware loader.

notaz said:
Off topic here, but it builds without problems for pandora too (version for HF4):
http://notaz.gp2x.de/misc/pnd/ko/hf4/psfreedom.ko

..but according to vimacs it doesn't work. It's still heavily developed so I can build newer versions if anyone wants to try.

Just tried it, works perfectly fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? That's great news. :) I didn't get a chance to try it, my Pandora went back for repair that same week. I might bump the thread in the Pandora forum and see if anyone else has tried it.

JurnD, can you detail how it was done (ie. what to do with the .ko file?)

Gruso said:
Really? That's great news. :) I didn't get a chance to try it, my Pandora went back for repair that same week. I might bump the thread in the Pandora forum and see if anyone else has tried it.

JurnD, can you detail how it was done (ie. what to do with the .ko file?)

Hi Gruso,

I replied in the topic in the Pandora section just before I read your reply.

You can use the psfreedom-enable and psfreedom-disable sh files from the nokia package: http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/85
It pretty much just inserts the psfreedom.ko (insmod psfreedom.ko) I think. I didn't really look into, but it works.

Now, to make some backups... :)

Jurn

Last edited by a moderator:
OK finally got round to doing this. Remarkibly easy, download file, run command, turn on PS3 by the switch at the back then hitting reset and eject straight after, and install stuff from USB drive. I'll admit i was expecting more than that lol

Couple of questions, trying to play Black Ops but it needs 3.50 firmware, i know about the hermes v0.4 mod that also enables PSN as well as making your PS3 think it's actually on 3.50. Anyway this will run from a pandora? Don't really have anything else that'll jailbreak my PS3, and the latest nokia version is in a .bin file not a nice easy .ko, so i have no idea how to make it run on my pandora...

Cheers

Edit: And i've just realised this isn't the Pandora section at all. Sorry!

Back