Psp Euro Date Set

kotd

Website
Visit site
From IGN. You get the same pack as the US. No suprises here.

April 25, 2005 -
PlayStation fans are waking up in Europe today to news that SCE Europe has finally set a launch date for the PlayStation Portable. The system will sell in a similar Value Pack package as was released in North America and in Japan, and will retail for 249 Euros

Included with the European PSP Value Pack will be the PSP system and battery pack, a protective pouch, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo unit, earbud headphones with a remote control, an AC Adaptor, a wrist strap, a cleaning cloth, and a video/music/game sampler UMD, with non-interactive demos of several games.

Launch titles were not specified yet for the September release, but the official SCE Europe site includes showcase pages for WipEout Pure, Ridge Racer, MediEvil: Resurrection and Everybody's Golf (aka Hot Shots.) The site also features a contest page to win one of 50 bags stuffed with PSP merch, including a hat, a carrying case and more.

As with the North American launch, a copy of the blockbuster movie Spider-Man 2 on UMD Video will be given away for free as a premium for early purchasers. SCEE did not specify how many copies of the movie would be given away -- unlike the NA release, the video will be free to those who register their PSPs through SCEE's YourPSP website.

Curiously, there are no major differences in the PSP package being launched in Europe. The European launch is coming almost six months after the North American release (and nearly a year after the Japanese launch), and while it is not unusual for Europe to see systems release so much longer, it is unfortunate that SCEE was not able to add extra incentive to the later launch product. The accessories are the same, which is not unexpected, but the Korean PSP launch on May 2 will include an incredible Network Utility Disc; that same feature will not be made available for the European launch. This networking software is created in special partnership with a Korean HotSpot provider, which would make some of the utility proprietary (also, Korea is one of the most internet-connected areas per capita in the world.) Even so, timing of the later European launch might have provided SCEE with time to come up with a similar solution. The European launch of the PlayStation 2 Network Adapter included special software for internet usage that was not included (and never made available) for North America.

We will have more on the European PSP launch, as well as the launch titles due out in that territory, as it develops. Europeans should be sure to visit SCE Europe's Official Your PSP website for details on your country's launch plans as well as sign up for running contests while you are waiting.

just import the bloody thing! lik-sang's prices are sort of OK now.
yeah yeah, i know, they should've added more to the package..and 250 euros is more than $250 :D
i remember the days when the euro was less than the dollar

wtf is up with the 250 euro's price???? seems like a friggin ripoff...

considering all the word about the DS already doing really well in the UK, this is only gonna help it do that much better. Maybe the DS will win the battle hands down in europe? Sony certainly aren't trying to hard to stop it, with a delayed release and retarded price....

bast525 posted on Apr 26 2005 at 05:29 AM said:
wtf is up with the 250 euro's price???? seems like a friggin ripoff...

considering all the word about the DS already doing really well in the UK, this is only gonna help it do that much better. Maybe the DS will win the battle hands down in europe? Sony certainly aren't trying to hard to stop it, with a delayed release and retarded price....

that equates to £170 odd quid over here no doubt they will round it up to £195. Thats a more rounded figure for electronics to the marketing men and people will still pay it.
only got to look at the price of the ipod when it first came out over here.
People will pay over the odds for anything if its marketed and seen as fashionable.. :rolleyes:
As a technically superior iriver owner out of all my fashion conscoius ipod owning friends :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the cheapest place to get a PSP from at the moment then? I see them on ebay for about £145 without postage for the stand-alone pack but they are shipped from Japan so you'll probably get stung for import duties (this would work out more expensive than waiting for the UK version in September). I have approx £200 (inc postage and customs/VAT) that I could put towards a PSP package. Any suggestions? I'd like one now but it still seems more expensive importing. Enlighten my ignorance please!

Sep-friggin-tember! :angry: I'll be old by then!

How much are they going for in Lik Sang... :)

I'd like to lease mine, or what's the word... Paying in smaller parts, usually ending up costing slightly more...

Yeah, just buy the thing now! Apart from my dead pixel (sob), it really is a little wonder!

When I ordered mine from Lik-Sang, it got held up by the customs. I kept telling them it was a present, until the man on the Phone told me that this 'friend' I had from Hong Kong was sending about 200 presents every day to his German Pals!!!

I now owe them 73 euros.... :(

just got mine yesterday from liksang £189 for value pack ridge racer and ups shipping, plus £45 brokerage surcharge and import tax, i ordered it wednesday night and had it the following monday(it was stuck in germany all weekend) and now ive heard the realease date and the price for uk im glad i imported, and i reccomend lik-sang to anyone, i got my psp and my ds from them with no problems.

Look at it like this. £179 is worth it for the PSP.

It just hurts that you can get it cheaper and earlier if you import it. But then, the majority dont know that.

Tiger Woods is boss by the way.

Any good non-sport/racing games for it?

Hey, Cupc4kes, what model is yours? 1000? Have they fixed the issues they had early on, like the out-popping UMD?

yeah psp-1000, system software version 1.50. i dunno if its me but does anyone elses umd door not actually seem to shut properly? its the side furthest from the eject button, seems to stick out a tiny bit. and i got some dust under my screen i think.......on the black now loading screen on ridge racer it shines up white, is it dust or dead pixel? all complaints aside though my psp is the best thing ive bought gameswise for years. and my the umd only pops up enough to take it out, and my square button feels funny too..............i'll shut up now.

What chances are there of getting dead pixels from a japan-bought, non-internet psp? My friend has offered to get me one.

Jarska333 posted on Apr 26 2005 at 07:47 PM said:
Have any of you, who allready have gotten a PSP, been hit with import taxes/customs?

See spray`s post.

Goity posted on Apr 26 2005 at 07:42 PM said:
What chances are there of getting dead pixels from a japan-bought, non-internet psp? My friend has offered to get me one.

Probably the same as everywhere else, Unless you get your friend to ask to demo a unit before handing over the cash.

Trooper

Jarska333 posted on Apr 26 2005 at 06:47 PM said:
Have any of you, who allready have gotten a PSP, been hit with import taxes/customs?

Yes, 74 euros!!!!!

Still happy though!

I was at the custom office here today to pick up THUG (is it just me, or is this the most difficult game ever? I never played the console version, but it's like trying to play the piano all over again!!!), anyway I paid my 7 euro import tax. The bloke next to me was trying to collect his car imported from Holland. The import officer casually wandered over to him and said "Yes, we have your car for you, just fill in this form and pay the import duty and off you go. The amount to pay is 5300 euros...".... The look on the poor buggers face....... :huh: :huh:

CUPC4KES posted on Apr 26 2005 at 06:19 PM said:
yeah psp-1000, system software version 1.50. i dunno if its me but does anyone elses umd door not actually seem to shut properly? its the side furthest from the eject button, seems to stick out a tiny bit. and i got some dust under my screen i think.......on the black now loading screen on ridge racer it shines up white, is it dust or dead pixel? all complaints aside though my psp is the best thing ive bought gameswise for years. and my the umd only pops up enough to take it out, and my square button feels funny too..............i'll shut up now.

It's comments like this that have made me weary so far.

Back