Psp Price Drop!

darkman

darkman unmasked!
Website
www.vci.net
I just noticed today while I was out shopping today that the PSP has had a nice price drop. Here in the US it is now $169.99 USD for the core system. That is a very good price drop of $30.00. I wonder if it is enough to make it tempting?

I started looking over the games available and have started thinking about one. I really am only interested in RPGs, racers, and of course shooters. I see that the Gradius collection can take care of the shooter part. Maybe later this year I can make a new edition to my collection of handhelds. The only thing that bothers me is, moving parts in a handheld scare me.

darkman said:
I just noticed today while I was out shopping today that the PSP has had a nice price drop. Here in the US it is now $169.99 USD for the core system. That is a very good price drop of $30.00. I wonder if it is enough to make it tempting?

I started looking over the games available and have started thinking about one. I really am only interested in RPGs, racers, and of course shooters. I see that the Gradius collection can take care of the shooter part. Maybe later this year I can make a new edition to my collection of handhelds. The only thing that bothers me is, moving parts in a handheld scare me.
Awesome!! I would have bought one at launch at that price <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear its quite a cut down from what you get in the original package. still not worth the $169

The bundle package is $219.99 now. If it came with a better game and movie, I would think about it, but with what is included I would say the extra $50 dollars could be better spent by me. Although a 1gig memory stick does cost around $50.00. All these things were included in the bundle I saw. Is Walmart the only one carrying this now?

I was wondering is the price drop enough? Would this cause Nintendo to drop the price on the DS? Japan did not get the price drop. :huh: It would have been nice if the price was closer to the price of a DS. But that may be asking too much.

I like the reason they dropped the price -- a lot of big chain stores were threating to take it off the shelfs because it wasn't selling, the article was on digg a while ago

purple_goat said:
darkman said:
Although a 1gig memory stick does cost around $50.00.
I JUST saw a 2gig for $30 :blink:
where the [****] do you shop?

edit: holy crap it censored me :lol: (meant to say fu ck)

Walmart has them at that price! I might need to look around the net for some better pricing.

That should've been the price for the Value and Entertainment Packs.

purple_goat said:
darkman said:

You did? I couldn't figure that out ;).

Oh, and don't spread rumors like that. There are not any 2gb memory stick pro duos available for that price. Unless you want a shitty chinese knockoff. ;)

Walmart is absolutely correct. Anything below that and you'll get something you don't want. Take my word.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
purple_goat said:
darkman said:

Oh, and don't spread rumors like that. There are not any 2gb memory stick pro duos available for that price. Unless you want a shitty chinese knockoff. ;)

Walmart is absolutely correct. Anything below that and you'll get something you don't want. Take my word.

FRY's electronics
any they are NOT knock-offs B)

It's a fair price for a great handheld - a damned sight cheaper than a GP32, and just as capable for most things, imho... I love PSX emulation on my PSP, and there are lots of great games you can pick up used for really, really cheap now at EB (Ridge Racer, SOCOM, Wipeout, etc.)... I don't know if this price break will convince the fence-sitters though, largely because I don't know if there really are any fence-sitters on this platform... I think damned near everyone who's wanted a PSP has likely got one by now - the DS is so far out ahead of the PSP in terms of sales that it's clear to everyone that Nintendo has again won the latest-gen of the Handheld wars, so I suspect anyone out to buy just ONE handheld will probably opt for the DS... I think that if Sony could produce a backwardly compatible PSP2 or even a thoughtfully revamped PSPLite in the next 12 months, they might get some solid sales moving again, but at this point, I don't know if they can hope to push much further into the market - of course, at 17 Million units sold, they have a solid market to attract developers, but it's hard to push further than that without some killer must-have apps and a sub-$150 price point...

purple_goat said:
purple_goat said:
darkman said:

FRY's electronics

pffff... fry's. Thats probly after an 80 dollar rebate you wont get for 6 months.

Jackd said:
purple_goat said:
purple_goat said:
darkman said:

FRY's electronics

pffff... fry's. Thats probly after an 80 dollar rebate you wont get for 6 months.

WRONG!!
(first of all how DARE you insult fry's!? :angry: )
no rebate on that stick

Back