Psp Redesign Has Tv-out?

Website
rememberthe8bit.blogspot.com
In reading a recent article posted on Joystiq, it seems that the PSP now has TV-Out. It's hardly something to storm Sony's headquarters about, but it still sounds interesting nonetheless.

This is entirely off-topic, but the speakers look pretty wierd up there... And, I wonder if they are going to re-do the ghost-ey death screen.

Also, what about homebrew? I'm guessing that this'll be another TA-082 fiasco. (For those who don't know, the TA-082 model main board had functions that would prevent it from running firmware 1.50, the firmware that most people used for running homebrew.)

The TV out is to make the UMD movies more popular. It was very dumb not to add one in the first place, i think people would have been less hesitant to buy UMD movies if they had have the possibilty to watch them on their regular TV.

Fishbong said:
The TV out is to make the UMD movies more popular. It was very dumb not to add one in the first place, i think people would have been less hesitant to buy UMD movies if they had have the possibilty to watch them on their regular TV.
With Dark Alex's custom firmware, you can encode AVC videos at full resolution now, so no more need for UMDs :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong said:
Oh, and you think it will run on the new PSPs? And even if, how many people do you thik use it?
No, I doubt it will ... I never inferred such a thing, just being an ass .... and in my own way, stating that many of us who've hacked our (current) PSP's FW won't have the need to get this new version.

Anyway, I think it's too little, too late ..most folks these days would prefer blu-ray over UMD, I would guess.

... and what's with no 2nd analog stick? I might have wanted a new model, if it had this needed improvement.

TelcoLou said:
Fishbong said:
Oh, and you think it will run on the new PSPs? And even if, how many people do you thik use it?
No, I doubt it will ... I never inferred such a thing, just being an ass .... and in my own way, stating that many of us who've hacked our (current) PSP's FW won't have the need to get this new version.

Anyway, I think it's too little, too late ..most folks these days would prefer blu-ray over UMD, I would guess.

... and what's with no 2nd analog stick? I might have wanted a new model, if it had this needed improvement.

There's no way Sony could have gotten away with a 2nd analog stick. It would have made the original PSPs unable to play a lot of future releases, or else it wouldn't have gotten used anyway. This isn't a PSP2, really, it's just hardware revision, like the difference between the DS Lite and the original DS. Sony couldn't break compatibility with the old versions, that would have seriously fucked them over.

as mentioned by rememberthe8bit, I'll only be buying the new version if they use a better screen. The ghosting on the current screen is just terrible, it turns into a ghosting, blurry mess at the slightest hint of a shadow.

Silent Hill Origins.... I'm getting motion sickness just thinking about it...

heh...i just came here to post that. got beat though. wonder how long it will take before google implements the search algorithm suggestions that sony's been kindly sending them?

just assuming.

From what I'm hearing, it'll only be available in bundle form in the US. Not sure which games it will be bundled with but thats what I'm hearing.

I saw this coming. Don't see it making much difference though. The DS is running away with the handheld market and is looking likely to be keeping a firm hold of it for the time being. Its funny though. Its the only market that Nintendo has managed to keep hold of even when competing against machines which better technology. Wonder why that is? Can't just be the games that do it, although they do make good games for their handhelds Nintendo.

Ganepark32 said:
From what I'm hearing, it'll only be available in bundle form in the US. Not sure which games it will be bundled with but thats what I'm hearing.

I saw this coming. Don't see it making much difference though. The DS is running away with the handheld market and is looking likely to be keeping a firm hold of it for the time being. Its funny though. Its the only market that Nintendo has managed to keep hold of even when competing against machines which better technology. Wonder why that is? Can't just be the games that do it, although they do make good games for their handhelds Nintendo.
The pack will come with the new psp, a charger and battery, the game "Daxter"(good game, btw), the umd "Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet collection"(not sure about the name) and a 1GB (that's right 1 Gigabyte) card. The price will be 200 american dollars, which is a great value. However, that won't give much incentive to buy it for people who already have a psp. At first I was heartbroken to hear that this system was going to come out, but when I thought about it, I realized that it has nothing over my 3.40 OE-A psp. Plus I have everything I need to play homebrew and commercial games, if you catch my drift. ^_^ Plus, I wouldn't want to wait a year to play emulators, when I could use my psp right now.

Oh, and btw, there is no difference in the screen quality (no article or show mention there being a new screen) or button layout, which put me off.

purple_goat said:
TelcoLou said:
Fishbong said:
No, I doubt it will.

actually I don't think old firmware (1.5, 1.0 etc) will be compatible with the new board and since D_A is gone.. :(

Are you ok man, you seem really depressed that somebody you don't even know has left the psp scene. ;) Although, he'll be missed, it's no reason to fret. Somebody will eventually take his place.

yaawnn been using tvout on psp for months

was hoping for at least a battery improvement

64mb ram is good though for the web browser

OmarNawaz said:
yaawnn been using tvout on psp for months

was hoping for at least a battery improvement

64mb ram is good though for the web browser
Are you sure that the 64mb is for ram? I think they might be talking about built-in flash memory. Besides, that might make the old psp useless when it comes to new games.

Back