Psp V Gp32

I'm pretty sure even if the PSP only produced 25% the polygons of a PS2 that the graphics would be more than adequet, I just hope it's quick at displaying those 25%.

But when it comes down to it you really have to just know you;d be getting the PSP for one reason, next generation style games which wouldnt be possiblt on a GP32.

Also the XB2 wont likely be out untill the 3rd quarter of '05, PSP is first quarter, So I'm probably buying one of those, of course it's not like I want a XB2 anyway. B)

Steve-O posted on Mar 15 2004 at 09:36 PM said:
MojoJojo posted on Mar 15 2004 at 01:55 PM said:
So 3 alternatives, as I see it:
1) The specs are true, but they have missed out two important specs: 30 minute battery life and the ability to fry eggs.
2) Sony have got their hands on alien technology, or a time machine.
3) The specs are a huge exageration or (less likely) a complete lie.
You gotta remember... Sony is one of the Biggest Electrical / Technology Companies in the World... They Have the Brains and the Money to make them Specs All Possible...
And I suppose Nintendo, HP, Dell, Packard Bell, Toshiba and Sharp aren't? They all make hand helds or PDAs. The PDAs are considerably less powerful, and cost more than the apparent price point of the PSP. (Yes I know Sony will be suplimenting their income with games sales, but they are apparently trying to attract developers with low licensing fees).

Sony aren't know for technical excellence... compare the PS2 to the XBox and GameCube... What they are known for, and what has made them such a success, is good marketing... which is all that spec sheet is.

Once again, I really have nothing against the PSP. The reason I won't get one, unless the battery life sucks, is because I don't have the money. The GP32 has the near essential advantage to me of all the games being free.

Last edited by a moderator:
MojoJojo posted on Mar 15 2004 at 01:55 PM said:
1) The specs are true, but they have missed out two important specs: 30 minute battery life and the ability to fry eggs.
2) Sony have got their hands on alien technology, or a time machine.
3) The specs are a huge exageration or (less likely) a complete lie.
or 4) They've made a power station on wheels that will follow you where ever you go, and create lots of pollution :p

Shadow of Chaos posted on Mar 16 2004 at 03:11 AM said:
what would you buy? i know who i'm with, microsoft.
are you mad??? The X-Box is mainly just a PC that plugs into the TV :p

MojoJojo said:
Sony aren't know for technical excellence...

Are they not???? They make the Best TV's, Best DVD Players Etc Etc In my opinion... I have a Sony Minidisc Player and it lasts 110 Hours on one Single Flat MD rectangle Battery thing... and the quality kicks ass... I havent charged the battery for over a week or 2...

Steve-O posted on Mar 16 2004 at 05:43 PM said:
Shadow of Chaos posted on Mar 16 2004 at 03:11 AM said:
what would you buy? i know who i'm with, microsoft.
are you mad??? The X-Box is mainly just a PC that plugs into the TV :p
Not even that.

finty101 posted on Mar 15 2004 at 07:41 PM said:
the gba is nowhere near on power with the psx, it doesnt even support 3d, please nobody start talkin about the n-gage (i actually know people who bought it).
Thats my point, before it was released they said it was going to be however so the people saying the psp is going to be on the level of the ps2 are probally wrong too.

It wouldnt be feasible to make the PSP as powerful as a PS2, a portable equivolent maybe(meaning scaled down performance) but an exact replica without the ability to play PS2 game? pointless.

Not that it couldnt be done but it'd be a bit hard to use.

With all the extra stuff they;re jamming into the PSP it would make sense for them to scale back the graphics specs.

im not sure ill get a psp, i got the gba but i think it was crap because i couldnt afford to pay £35 for a game which is usually crap and a pain in the ass to pay, i think the psp will be the same with many half harted ports of psone games and about 2 quality games. one of the reasons the gp32 attracted me is because it had free games, emulators and extremily low priced commercial games.

Back