Psp2tv

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
...But dont celebrate just yet.

http://www.teamxtender.com/index.php?page=Home

Apparently it involves removing the front of yout PSP and attacting the included face (notice the PSP in the pics have no PS or Sony logos) which is the part that adds the nub on the bottom. As far as i can tell from my own PSP, it's only connected by a couple of screws which I guess would make removing it easy though I dont know what kinda pile of mousetraps are underneath.

Interesting... I wouldn't open up my PSP for this (or switch to their offered face) but I suppose someone might dig the idea of Modding their PSP for such a purpose.

it could be very nice!

..although it does have a chance of being absolute shit..

From the looks of the photos the AV block on the back is removable. the extra nub on the bottom of the PSP as well as the actual new front seem to be the only side effects.

I'd buy it.

But, that's too expensive for what it is....and...is it worth opening your PSP for something like this?

So, I'm out.

too expensive... also will void the warrenty... Plus I have a PS2 so no need in this :p

heh, my understanding was that it was still in the testing phase, I wonder if this is the EB EFFECT where something comes out and a store claims they know the price when they know next to nothing about it or even when it will come out.

Alpha2 posted on Sep 25 2005 at 12:48 AM said:
Probably not, I doubt they intended the faces to be exchangable. What did you do to yours?
scratched it really badly

Last edited by a moderator:
i was looking for something like this, it would be brilliant if the picture is good.

Wont it look very bad because it will be blown up onto a big tv from a small screen? i dont understand how that works.. anyway, multiplayer through infrastructure mode on a big tv would be great, because i have 51" plasma tv :)

PSP resolution is supposed to be like 480x272 so it'd look a little fuzzy scaled up to a TV and even worse if it's in 4:3 mode instead of 16:9 but from the looks of the TVs in the link it seems watchable atleast for UMD movies, dunno how it'll look for games

Back