Psphone Is Real!

Exophase said:
I don't know why people are ragging on this...
People hating on it just because Sony has something to do with it are being a little crazy.. blind brand aversion is about as bad as blind brand loyalty.

I'm a huge SONY fan-man, but hate the fudge out of this phone!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why, but I'm suddenly reminded of a certain cellphone that has a touch screen that is ONLY used to dial and nothing else. A fried of mine had one, and he dropped it in the middle of the street. Before he could get it back, three large vehicles ran over it, but no damage was done to the phone... I sure hope this new Sony phone is built like a tank. Every cellphone should be built to withstand anything, even being crushed by the earliest cellphones :D

I find this quite interesting. A touchpad area could be perfect for FPS-action, if done right.

SONY said:
I'm a huge SONY fan-man, but hate the fudge out of this phone!!!

Was referring to xnopasaranx who said you'll definitely be screwed because it's Sony. Wasn't saying that everyone is hating on them.

I had read it is fake. I also read that it is not fake. :D
But whatever this thing is, it already has a lot of attention. I really can't understand why, maybe because I have no addition to mobile phones and Sony Handhelds.
I whish our Pandora has this attention. OK, you can't phone with it but at least the Pandora is real and available (more or less).

Somehow everything goes instantly in "Apple Hype Mode" when a Company combines their devices and melt everything into something with phone capabilities. Weird. :ph34r: So when Nintendo would put a phone in their DS they could take over the world domination? :lol:

fusion_power said:
So when Nintendo would put a phone in their DS they could take over the world domination? :lol:

NO! Don't give them any ideas! They may be watching us at any moment. :ph34r: :unsure: I guess nintendo might make a phone sooner or later... they are phasing in media support in the DSi and 3DS... all you need now is a phone function and...

im really hoping for an n-gage style setup where as your able to buy the unit sim free, unlocked, for a reasonable ammount of money, id say £249 is a good price point, would fly off the shelves.

CUPC4KES said:
im really hoping for an n-gage style setup where as your able to buy the unit sim free, unlocked, for a reasonable ammount of money, id say £249 is a good price point, would fly off the shelves.
subsidized from the carrier I bet will be $200-250
unsubsidized and unlocked I can almost guarentee you will be $500-$600

I will probally be buying this unsubsidized because I'm on CDMA and will more than likely just use this wifi only

WizardStan said:
Orion4874 said:
I just hoping they don't do what Apple did and tie themselves down to one carrier. Never understood why they did that, seems like they lost out on a lot of potential buyers.
They thought they had to: their phone was way too expensive and contained way more features than anyone thought would actually be useful. Not unlike the Pandora. ;)
The only way anyone was willing to take the chance was exclusively. No one expected the iPhone to do so well. Even Steve Jobs (I think I remember reading it was he, though it may have just been someone else high up in Apple) said they only hoped to grab just a few percent of the market share. To everyone's surprise, they took more than a few percent and have been climbing ever since, just over 25% if I remember the most recent report correctly.

In exchange for exclusivity Apple got a % of call / text / data charges. A staggering model that only they could pull off. Rumour has it that the next iPhone and Apple are thinking about setting up as their own carrier, though that might just be an MVNO...

More surprising than any of that though is a Playstation Phone!!!! How did that happen!?! The various parts of Sony famously have very bad relations but the one thing they can all agree on is that they don't like SonyEricsson. Getting this thing built must have been 1% engineering and 99% internal politics.

john

This doesn't look realistic to me. If anything, it's a Sony Ericsson phone with gaming controls, and no PSP branding, designed as a normal Android platform.

Goity said:
a Sony Ericsson phone with gaming controls, and no PSP branding, designed as a normal Android platform.

I agree, there's no PSP logo or anything... this is either quite a poor (early?) mockup or this is just a phone with a gamepad layout and the PSP stuff is all speculation.

But even THAT sounds pretty awesome though, doesn't it? Android emulation is getting some good speeds if Youtube vids are to be believed, the main problem with phone gaming is controls. If it can keep up with regular Android phones in other areas like web browsing and media support, this sounds like every nerd's dream machine; it would effectively be the Pandora, but with a much larger user/developer base and phone/3G capabilities (and, you know, you'd actually be able to get one ;)). Downloadable PSP games (and/or some PSN-like budget game service) would be the icing on the cake but the thing looks badass either way.

I for one am holding off buying a smartphone until I hear more about this one. Like jb0yx, I'm worried it's too good to be true and they'll pull some Apple-esque gestapo bullshit and stop people from having fun with it. Or they'll force you to buy an 18-month contract with a carrier you don't like, or the non-gaming functions will be second-rate rubbish to save on manufacturing costs, or.. yeah etc etc.

Fingers crossed, eh? What they can't do these days...

Back