Psx Emulator For The Wiz?

bacteria said:
Hugh Laurie isn't witty, he is just good at looking vacant and making faces; his better half, Stephen Fry, is very witty however!
Yeah, I hear 'ya, just trying to lighten the mood a bit. For once, I wasn't really trying to piss on anyone's boots. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
I hope this emulator is out at launch! As much as GPH is pushing homebrew and as cool as some stuff is, we all know why the bulk of us buy these kinds of devices. :p
Fuck off. Pandora may be 100% emulators but the Wiz is just as much homebrew games as it is. You may buy them for that reason but you do not speak for everyone.

Homebrew games are awesome but it would be ridiculous not to take advantage of this device for emulators. I never would have played any of the great gp2x homebrew if I hadn't been drawn in by the perfect genesis emulator. The truth is that the bulk of people will buy the Wiz too play emulators if they are available and if emulators aren't developed for it, it will be written off as an overpriced pmp with a few flash game ports and won't be successful.

Peter R said:
My "Fuck off" is not meant towards chronotrigger fan but it's more of a British thing. I meant it like "What the hell?".
Sorry for misinterpreting! We silly Yankees seem to have forgotten our roots now, haven't we? :lol:

Peter R said:
My "Fuck off" is not meant towards chronotrigger fan but it's more of a British thing. I meant it like "What the hell?".
It would have come across better if you'd added a smiley or something. As it is, you came across as your usual angry, bitter and hateful self what with your known hatred of the Panda and all those who've pre-ordered instead of getting a Wiz.

D.

darkriku said:
wtf happened to this thread?
Peter :huh:, no wonder his warn level has gotten so high again, some things will never change.

C'mon boys, back on topic please.

Good point of having 2.8' screen in PSX emu: Silent Hill won't scare you much :)

Dunny said:
Peter R said:
It would have come across better if you'd added a smiley or something. As it is, you came across as your usual angry, bitter and hateful self what with your known hatred of the Panda and all those who've pre-ordered instead of getting a Wiz.

D.

I don't hate the Pandora. I do infact want to get one eventually. I just hate it when people say that emulators are the only things that sell these systems. I've barely used emulators (except megadrive really) on my GP32 and GP2x personally.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Peter :huh:, no wonder his warn level has gotten so high again, some things will never change.
Because swearing is bad, m'kay? I don't insult people anymore but i'm not going to change the way I speak. I swear this much in real life aswell.

Peter R said:
Dunny said:
Peter R said:

I don't hate the Pandora. I do infact want to get one eventually. I just hate it when people say that emulators are the only things that sell these systems. I've barely used emulators (except megadrive really) on my GP32 and GP2x personally.

Terribly sorry, I must have you confused with Quasist. You almost got a starring role in my new platformer, but if you like I'll put you on the side of the Pandora folks. Seriously, you need to read your posts back to yourself occaisonally - you sound like a teenager at times. I'm also british, and I stopped saying "fuck off" in a non-insulting manner when I was about 18.

D.

Peter R said:
Because swearing is bad, m'kay? I don't insult people anymore but i'm not going to change the way I speak. I swear this much in real life aswell.
No I think it's because you use a lot of your your language with an offensive attitude, this thread is a prime example of that and I think you should really re-read your posts as if they were aimed at yourself before pressing [Add Reply] in future.

I have asked you once before to curb your language, Please do so.

Dunny said:
Seriously, you need to read your posts back to yourself occaisonally - you sound like a teenager at times. I'm also british, and I stopped saying "fuck off" in a non-insulting manner when I was about 18.
I am 18 now... oh god, it's like the peterpan story line. Soon the time will approach where I must grow up :(.

Peter R said:
I am 18 now... oh god, it's like the peterpan story line. Soon the time will approach where I must grow up :(.
...then they will take you to work in the coal mines...

Peter R said:
I just hate it when people say that emulators are the only things that sell these systems. I've barely used emulators (except megadrive really) on my GP32 and GP2x personally.
C'mon, be realistic. You are an anomaly compared to the wider market. Just look at the top 50 downloads in the GP2X archive. Only 4 of them are homebrew games (3 of which are ports), the highest ranking being #25.

I played homebrew games on GP32 & GP3X as much as I played emulators, but I have to admit I would not have bought either system if it wasn't for emulation.

GunPei2X said:
Peter R said:
I just hate it when people say that emulators are the only things that sell these systems. I've barely used emulators (except megadrive really) on my GP32 and GP2x personally.
C'mon, be realistic. You are an anomaly compared to the wider market. Just look at the top 50 downloads in the GP2X archive. Only 4 of them are homebrew games (3 of which are ports), the highest ranking being #25.

I played homebrew games on GP32 & GP3X as much as I played emulators, but I have to admit I would not have bought either system if it wasn't for emulation.

Emulators tend to have 10 times as many revisions, at least, and so can be expected to have 10 times as many downloads really I think.

Ironically all those old 70's and 80's Arcade and computer games that everyone wants emulated were made by small teams, sometimes by just one individual, employed or bought from big companies. If those games were made today they would be considered homebrew.

DisgruntleElf said:
Ironically all those old 70's and 80's Arcade and computer games that everyone wants emulated were made by small teams, sometimes by just one individual, employed or bought from big companies. If those games were made today they would be considered homebrew.
"Homebrew" is more like a commercical status.

All of illegal rom users gonna work in underground china factories in their pityful afterlifes. That is how Reaper works.

DisgruntleElf said:
Interesting point of view. Even many C64 productions are made by one-man only. But they all got money for the work...

Regards,
Stephan

One homebrew title = 1 game.

One emulator = 10's -> 1000's of games.

If you like handheld gaming, where's the problem?

Back