PSX iso's rarely work

I never had major problem with my iso files and PS1 emulator.

The only one I get is with Castlewania SotN, some audio tracks start playing then stops in the middle… I should have ripped it to .iso instead of .bin with a .cue, or I should have used a slower reading speed.

The only game that keeps crashing on me is Front Mission 3 during battle - mostly during the animation of a Wanzer exploding. resident Evil 3 runs just fine for me.

I'm having problems with Yeh Yeh Tennis (possibly best tennis game for PSX), it hangs after Sunsoft logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
GTA 1 and the London Expansion works fine for me.. I ripped them as Bin/Cue with subchannel data (.sub)

So far I've yet to have any issue with any PSX game I ripped myself..

I have a number of games where the music doesn't play... I'm sure the .cue files are improperly made. Would love it if someone with the proper .cue files for those games could email them to me... but I can't remember which ones as I haven't played any psx in must be close to a year...! o.o

i'm pretty sure there are several programs that can read the bin file and create the companion .cue file for you i know of a few they shouldnt be hard to find if you do a quick google search

Well some games it's not a matter of having a cue file, but the subchannel (.sub) information is needed for it to run properly.. You can't just generate that from just the bin file..

Never had a problem (with the one or two understandable exceptions) having ripped from disc close to 300 titles in .bin/.cue. Resident evil 3 and some other later games needed matching .sbi files but that was all.

FaeMinx, on 20 Jun 2013 - 4:15 PM, said:

I have a number of games where the music doesn't play... I'm sure the .cue files are improperly made. Would love it if someone with the proper .cue files for those games could email them to me... but I can't remember which ones as I haven't played any psx in must be close to a year...! o.o
Provided that your BIN file has been correctly made (if it's a dual mode disc with CD-audio tracks, it is possible to mistakenly rip only the data track) you can get a correct .cue file for your version from
http://redump.org/

Just make sure it's the exact same release version, and that you edit the file name (possibly including the filename in the .cue's first line) to match your .bin's name.

When you find your game, the various files (md5, cue, sbi, sub etc) are linked in blue at the top of the description.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the PSX BIOS files?  I found that nearly all games I throw at PCSX ReARMed work now whereas before I used it without the PSX BIOS files and only a select few titles worked :)

Resident Evil 2 is a good example of a game I knew not to work without the BIOS files, of course I was also using a much earlier version of PCSX ReARMed then too :D

Hope it helps!

I use bin/cue, no probs yet.
Same here, it must be a problem with specific settings in the particular software used that people are having?

Every single bin/cue I've ripped has worked perfectly - but there are options to exclude audio for example (the .bin file should be an image of the entire disc, but it can be made of the data only). If the disc is badly scratched or the drive itself has compatibility issues that might be part of it.

Anyone having difficulties, try ripping wit a different drive and compare the size of the resulting .bin file to the used space on the original disc (total, inc. audio).

Back