Beta Psx4Pandora 1.0B5

Well, I still haven't tried the new build yet(i've been busy all day), but I was wondering if it would be possible for Zod or Ed to add in the Pickle launcher with a cool PSX back drop?

Just a thought! ;)

Chris

Man, the two weeks my Pandora's been in repair (purple tint of death) all sorts of updates hit... looking forward to trying this, thanks Zod!

Thanks man, i'll try that :)
tested Crash Team Racing quickly : the "sony presents blablabla" logo still stays on top of the screen ... :(

I've tried Strider 2 and Rollcage @800mhz, normal frameskip. Strider seems to play at just about 50 frames/sec, but it's hard to tell from those rapidly flashing figures on screen! Rollcage gets as far as trying to select a memory card, then drops back to the Pandora menu.

Final Fantasy 7 Sounds are.. not right any more old savestates won´t work :(
Otherwise it runs pretty well, was not able to test it really long, sry :)

Final Fantasy 8 seems a bit faster, though here also the sound sound kind of funny :)

I'm under the impression sound became worse in this build, but since I've only tested with 1 game I cannot say for sure. I do know that the game I was playing runs horribly now :(
I'm going back to the old version!

Holliefant said:
Final Fantasy 7 Sounds are.. not right any more old savestates won´t work :(
Otherwise it runs pretty well, was not able to test it really long, sry :)
that is weird, I experienced the same thing for psx4droid for the latest update, hope zodttd is aware of this.

there is an sound irq interrupt or something like that can be enabled in that version that makes it *better* but still painful to listen to sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Zod :) I haven't used this emu a whole lot (I'm too lazy to deal with large rips) but I've just done a quick comparison of this and the previous version with three games. Note that I'm a simple guy and don't get bogged down in framerates and settings talk. I just care if a game plays good and stuff. :/

- Road Rash: Plays well with good sound in both versions.
- Metal Gear Solid: As above for the most part, apart from cutscenes which feel like Youtube buffering on dialup. Same in both versions.
- Gran Turismo 2: Plays ok with choppy sound in old version, performance seems the same but it crashes frequently in new version. :-(

So... what's this we're hearing about about PCSX4all? You have the source now?

Stouffa said:
I've tried Strider 2 and Rollcage @800mhz, normal frameskip. Strider seems to play at just about 50 frames/sec, but it's hard to tell from those rapidly flashing figures on screen! Rollcage gets as far as trying to select a memory card, then drops back to the Pandora menu.

Rollcage 1 hasn't worked in any version to my knowledge but RCII is very playable, even if the first was a better game. It still lacks music like the wipeout games though, which kinda tars the experience.

Great to see this update and I look forward to whatever else occurs, be it further updates to this with the frontend sorted for more options, config saves, pickle launcher etc or something brand new.

I went back to beta4 and my problems went away...

Now I can't wait for the new port of pcsx that Zod is working on :lol:

Has anyone tested Resident Evil 1 or 2, or Syphon filter 1 or 3, or Tekken 3? Just wondering; those are some of my favourite games.

^^Com64, all the Resi games work fine but the Syphon Filter games dont work at present, neither does Tekken 3 which wont make the intro screens, whilst 1 and 2 are playable if a little slow.

You can check the full known list of submissions here http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&hl=en_GB and submit more direct, or via this thread maintained by Gibberish http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54121-psx-for-pandora-compatibility-list/

tekken 2 playable? Why do I get long limb syndrome??

Chaser said:
^^Com64, all the Resi games work fine but the Syphon Filter games dont work at present, neither does Tekken 3 which wont make the intro screens, whilst 1 and 2 are playable if a little slow.

You can check the full known list of submissions here http://spreadsheets....1laZ2c&hl=en_GB and submit more direct, or via this thread maintained by Gibberish http://www.gp32x.de...atibility-list/

Thanks!

I remember some of those games having problems in ePSXe a few years ago...

Just fired up wipeout3; I don't use psx much .. is soundtrack disabled by default or somesuch? I get in-game effects, but no music, and wipeout (including 3) have great race-tunes :)

jeff

^ I gather that those games use redbook audio, which I'm pretty sure (if memory serves) isn't currently supported.

Apologies to Com64 but Pleng is absolutely right about the Tekken games :blush:

I had checked the compat list on my Pandora's small screen and not read the comments, only the 'playable'.

I dont know about 'long limbs' but if you've ever wondered what the mating ritual of Sea Urchins is all about then fire up Tekken 2 and be amazed! Wth :excl:

The SF games def dont work and the Resi games are all fine though.

It is a pity about the Wipeout games, same for Rollcage, V Rally and RidgeRacer titles. No music just tars the experience. :(

I've noticed some behaviours which I can only describe as 'odd' when trying out F1 2005.

When you're racing (or qualifying, but it's more evident with other cars on track), and come up to a complicated corner (chicanes are excellent examples as it almost always occurs on them) the emulator seems to just 'give up' on doing any rendering and skips forward to the end of the corner - presumably at the position that you would have been in had you kept going straight. The strange thing is.... there's no slowdown before this happens, no interim frames being rendered etc. In fact the whole process appears to take a lot less time than it would have taken to drive the corner had the emulator been working, it's like a split second thing.

Additionally when you finish a race, Murray Walker starts to say something about the win and who it's likely to please. The speech cuts off about mid way through. If you then choose to watch a replay the speech from the end of the race is played before the replay starts.

I don't know if this information is of any use, but I thought it was worth reporting.

does anyone know how to exit the emulator once you have launched a game? I cant figure it out and I have to keep panda restarting the pandora.

Back