Purchase Question...

evansalt

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Greetings, all. After selling my modded xbox (stupid, stupid, stupid...) I've been in serious emulation withdrawal. I heard about the gp2x after researching the PSP as a portable replacement. So, I lurked around here for a couple of weeks and decided to finally take the plunge, if you will. Being Canadian, I was originally planning on purchasing from gamersection.ca, but after reading some horror stories on these boards and being enraged by the whole USD bait and switch, I'm not so sure. My question is this... if I purchase overseas from say... play-asia.com, am I going to get shafted with customs/absurd brokerage fees? I'm really not a fan of those. Any experiences from fellow north americans?

If you use Play-Asia, which I have done, Im just waiting on my order. Use the cheapest option for posting. Its still insured but less likely to get hit with taxes.

Hmm... I read a couple of disturbing posts regarding import duties in Canada. I don't think I want to drop another 70 bucks (!!!) at customs. I guess gamersection it is. How bad could it be? Right? Sigh... Thanks for the responses. The gp2x community is most excellent.

I know what ya mean. I bought games from there for Christmas and had to pay an extra £55 on them for taxes. Its Play-Asia's fault for putting the full price on the package.

NoZ posted on Dec 31 2006 at 11:55 PM said:
I know what ya mean. I bought games from there for Christ and had to pay an extra £55 on them for taxes. Its Play-Asia's fault for putting the full price on the package.
Hmm, I can't see how play-asia can be criticised for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was a lower price on the details customs would charge taxes. Then again if it gets lost you only get the lower price refunded. It sucks either way. I dont really mind though, Im not complaining, I still get it cheaper.

Back