Purchasing the 1Ghz

Hansformer

Still Fresh
Greetings to you all!

I have long been contemplating whether to buy the Pandora. I've read about numerous delivery issues and delays and they have been troubling me a lot. I don't want to spend over 600 euros for a piece of equipment I might not receive in years, or receive broken. I really want one though, and I am ready to pay up to get it. Seeing that there is 70 in stock at DragonBox, will they be able to send it to me ASAP or are there still long queues?

- Hansformer

i'm pretty sure it will be sent asap.

i payed for mine with bank transfer around two weeks ago.

according to dhl site it was posted day after the transfer got to ED.

i ordered it to Lebanon (no VAT, hooray!), and it's currently stuck at german customs control for now (they are quite famous for delays up to one month)

but it was sent almost immediately.

Yep, I got them on stock, so they will ship right after the payment happened.

www.dragonbox.de is my shop.

The delays / delivery issues are only with orders from Craigs shop in UK.

can confirm that ed (via dragonbox.de) delivered superfast! :)

got my shiny new 1ghz pandora 2 (!) days after ordering (germany location, dhl delivery, payd cash at the door).

it was packaged verry nicely and safe in the official pandora paperbox, wrapped in a foam-bag.

so it arrived in best shape, and wow, i`m soooo proud to have my verry own micro-computer now! :)

it`s really awsome, and i`m in love already! ;)

so, ed and team, thank you verry much for this grrreat little computer!

can confirm that ed (via dragonbox.de) delivered superfast! :)

got my shiny new 1ghz pandora 2 (!) days after ordering (germany location, dhl delivery, payd cash at the door).

it was packaged verry nicely and safe in the official pandora paperbox, wrapped in a foam-bag.

so it arrived in best shape, and wow, i`m soooo proud to have my verry own micro-computer now! :)

it`s really awsome, and i`m in love already! ;)

so, ed, thank you verry much for this grrreat little computer!
FTFY

Anyone know if cross upgrading goes as fast as a new purchase through ed, or if he has to wait for some funds transfer from craig first?

I hate to be 'that guy', but I paid for my cross update on the 5th of Oct, PayPal cleared on the 10th, and so far no confirmation on whether or not it's been posted.

I hate to be 'that guy', but I paid for my cross update on the 5th of Oct, PayPal cleared on the 10th, and so far no confirmation on whether or not it's been posted.
If it only cleared on 10th, that was after ED was sending units last week, I guess. Would expect something this week, you can use dragonbox.de contact form just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I'm not overly concerned, my intent wasn't to create an issue about it as Ed has well and truly earnt the benefit of the doubt around here. :) I was just tossing around where I was on the subject.

I catched a cold and had 39 degrees C fever last week, that's probably why I couldn't handle it if PayPal cleared it on October 10th.

Back to work today, so shipping will continue, so worries.

The waiting time from payment till shipping usually is one working day (as I need to confirm the order with Craigs shop).

And just like that an email appears in my inbox saying 'your order has shipped'. Thank you, Ed! You have definitely secured any future Pandora purchases from me.

Eh Craig mentioned 200 boxes were produced? Or 200 1GHz test run orders? Here

Originally I read it as if 200 1GHz units were produced, but then quickly realised that'd be the fricken day!

Frankly I don't give a flying f*&^ about the box at this point, I'm more interested in receiving my paid up 1GHz unit I'll be more than willing to give up the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he has to skimp out on the wooden boxes for however many test batch orderers are left, I wonder if he'd make available measurements, really nice pictures, and a word or two of advise for those of us who'd make our own wooden box but still want it to feel official.

Back