Pyra Nub Issue

Spring sound is normal, the drifting was a problem with the deadzone setting, think @aTc mentioned a fix on IRC. not sure if it's just an apt upgrade fix or something that may require a full re-image. I tagged him, so maybe he can respond with some details.

Yep, I can confirm that the Nub got a drifting Issues whit the Old Version on the OS, because this causes that my Pyra was first setup in English..
but after some sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade it’s works quite good now..
and it’s have this spring sound, maybe because the spring in it?

Not send from my Pyra, but my Pyra is also here whit me ^^

@aTc , Just FYI After the recent updates, my nubs started drifting again. Was there a regression with the dead zone settings?

Last edited:
The dead zone settings are in the pyrainput source, there shouldn't have been any changes in that for the last update.

I have also noticed a metallic springing noise when I use the nubs, which doesn't really bother me but is noticable.

I also get drift as well. Is there no way to adjust these settings?

I hear the spring noises too. But I think they are normal.
For the drift, I can imagine a dead zone will help. But how can this be realized?

Personally I think the key would be user configurable settings, since theres probably a small variation in the needed deadzone.

Reactions: rSl
I have also noticed a metallic springing noise when I use the nubs, which doesn't really bother me but is noticable.

I also get drift as well. Is there no way to adjust these settings?
Usually, this happens if the screws are too tight, especially the one near the heatsinks and the one inside the battery case.
This squishes the nubs together so they don't move properly.

The problem is that the first case company forgot to add spacers, so the PCB moves too far near the nubs when the screws are too tight.

Back