Release qomodoro

dreamer

So, it's been a while since I cross-compiled this application, but I finally came around to package it up to a pnd (yeah yeah, highly trivial and took about 5 minutes to do).

So, for everyone that has been aching for a pomodoro/productivity application ;)

pnd

source

Last edited by a moderator:
So, has anyone actually tried it?

It's not that interesting of an application, but I wouldn't mind if it ended up in the app-store ;)

^ if only I knew how ..

[edit: ok, it's there :) ]

Hah, and I just realized I had the package auther-field filled incorrectly :)

Ah well, I'll update it some day .. maybe.

[edit: Weird, I rebuilt it (used genisoimage instead of mkisofs), and now it's 3 times as big. Still works though.]

a screenshot would be great :)

Well there is not much to see ;)

It is a timer. The idea behind pomodoro is to spend 25 minutes on a task and then a 5 minute break. I am doing something similar for years... not 25 minutes, I spend 15 or 20 minutes on a task and just change tasks instead of including breaks and sometimes a task is a break :)

I think this tool is pretty nice if your task is sitting behind a desk and doing a lot of PC work or if you use the pandora for more serious activities. So it might certainly be useful for someone. As a regular timer if you are working on other activities it is pretty useless though, because it doesn't seem to have an accoustic signal.

For now I will just keep using my watch ;)

Back