Quake 1 (With Nanogl)

jutley said:
Pickle said:
Azerty16 said:
Quake III can be playable on the Caanoo? :huh:

it might run, probably would be missing textures as a lack of memory, and be pretty slow based on the cpu and gpu. For example the wiz/caanoo gets 25 fps in q1, where the pandora gets 60 fps.
If i get q2 working then ill try q3 just to see.
can we not overclock quake to 800mhz as we do on mame? so it runs abit smoother

sure you can overclock anything your heart desires, the effect will smaller as the gpu is the bottleneck

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
jutley said:
Pickle said:
Azerty16 said:
Quake III can be playable on the Caanoo? :huh:

it might run, probably would be missing textures as a lack of memory, and be pretty slow based on the cpu and gpu. For example the wiz/caanoo gets 25 fps in q1, where the pandora gets 60 fps.
If i get q2 working then ill try q3 just to see.
can we not overclock quake to 800mhz as we do on mame? so it runs abit smoother

sure you can overclock anything your heart desires, the effect will smaller as the gpu is the bottleneck

Yes, I tried it once with the Wiz version and you only get a minor speed improvement. The RAM tweak brings a lot more since the RAM is also a big bottleneck (Shared RAM - also for the GPU)

I tried to run a wifi multiplayer game but it doesn't work.

I did two things :

- I have a Wiz and a Caanoo with both Wifi dongles : I host a game on the Caanoo and try to join local games on the wiz, but it freezes. I tried the opposite, but the result is the same.

- I run Winquake on my PC and Quake on the Wiz and the Caanoo. I can't host the game on the PC because the wiz/Caanoo freeze when I try to join, so I tried to Host on the Caannoo/Wiz and I joined with the PC : there quake finds the server hosted but when i join, it fails with this message "host_error:cl_connect: connect failed"

Is there a way to make this work ?

Ps: I hope i'm clear enough ^^

Thanx

Big thanks to Pickle for getting this project working!

Quick question: Does anyone know if the data from the Steam version of Quake 1 is compatible with this port? I'd like to buy a legit copy if possible, but I also want to be sure the files haven't been made incompatible for any reason.

EDIT: Went and bought it anyway; the files work fine.

Any chance of an update of this? Currently the the 2 addons for quake 1 freeze update on the Caanoo plus one flickering textures and the other shows white boxes insted of text.

fettouhi said:
Any chance of an update of this? Currently the the 2 addons for quake 1 freeze update on the Caanoo plus one flickering textures and the other shows white boxes insted of text.

try using the -mem 32 option with the expansions? (cant remember if I added them) Flickering textures is probably cause of running out of memory, although with the standard data this should be minimal with the caanoo. I have no idea how to fix the quit dialog, although i think it has to do with alpha.

Ive wanted to try some SDL network files from another engine fork, but havnt gotten to it.

I Like it but i have mod something on the Caanoo Quake :)

Multiplayer works fine for me: :)

Online Game on server aso no problem.
I Make small fix on Net-Code.

I will edit quake a bit more with more confortable serverbrowser :)

Rikku2000 said:
I Like it but i have mod something on the Caanoo Quake :)

Multiplayer works fine for me: :)

Online Game on server aso no problem.
I Make small fix on Net-Code.

I will edit quake a bit more with more confortable serverbrowser :)

can you get your changes back to me (especially for the networking)?

fettouhi said:
I added the -mem 32 option and it doesn't change anything. It still have flickering textures with Dissolution of Eternity.

yeah now that i think of it, this probably wouldnt help, since its texture memory that has a limit, which the only option I know that can help is the max texture size can be set from 256 to 128. The actual command is slipping my memory.

Quake with Online Multiplayer Support

You need access to Internet with your GPH CAANOO, i using the WiFi Dungle.

Here, my Quake: Download

I have add some working Servers into the "servers.lst".

Happy Fragging GUYS!!! :)

Next is "Quake O-dater" that the server.lst will update
from my Server so its better for Support Online Servers.

I will work more and will add more Updates will Fixing Crash during Playing Quake etc.

I thing Pickle and me we can have good choice for This version becouse it have allready
Some fixes you see i have a bit edit the Menu and i fix the Menu Glitch with wired Colors

Rikku2000 said:
I will work more and will add more Updates will Fixing Crash during Playing Quake etc.

I thing Pickle and me we can have good choice for This version becouse it have allready
Some fixes you see i have a bit edit the Menu and i fix the Menu Glitch with wired Colors

Well Rikku2000 this is damn impressive - looking forward to the updates,
Hope this can be done on quake II aswell :D

Will you be working on half life mod?

If you have good Eyes you can detect an mistry icon on my gamelist on caanoo its an A hehe yeah its Half-Life

lol well my eyes are bad as it goes - I only ask as I know you did it for the dingoo :p

EDIT: I check the video and I can see it lol

Back