Quake 1 (With Nanogl)

thanks it's great to finally have a game working over wifi! if only the caanoo controls allowed me to be more competetive :(

just a couple of new bugs i want to report with multiplayer. when i ride another players point of view in a runequake game there is a constant skipping/twitching even when there is only one player. oh and the runscape games require more actions to be mapped that aren't already available.

i hope to see some of the other caanoo users on sometime. i can't wait for the other emulators and games to have wifi!

Yeah but you must know thats no Caanoo servers its Quake server for any kind of Engine i just add this servers becouse i can join the servers maybe we can open an Caanoo server maybe GPH can open for us an CAANOO Game server with 2-3 Servers with 4-8 Player Slots

2 for Deathmatch and 1 for Coop that will be nice but i dont thing so GPH will do for us.

Okey i have order an Quake Server for 3Months if
all is done i will add the server address here.
Server name is: [CAANOO] Quake - DM (- Not ready yet -)

Pickle said:
fettouhi said:
Any chance of an update of this? Currently the the 2 addons for quake 1 freeze update on the Caanoo plus one flickering textures and the other shows white boxes insted of text.

try using the -mem 32 option with the expansions? (cant remember if I added them) Flickering textures is probably cause of running out of memory, although with the standard data this should be minimal with the caanoo. I have no idea how to fix the quit dialog, although i think it has to do with alpha.

Ive wanted to try some SDL network files from another engine fork, but havnt gotten to it.

Rikku2000's build of Quake 1 with the Mission Packs suffers from the same flickering and white text boxes. But the quit dialog is ok in his version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like that video BAFelton - showing how it works thats cool - love to see a real death match lol,
What wifi dongle you got?

ruffnutts ;)

i just wanted to give an idea for additional button configs that will make the game almost as enjoyable as on keyboard and mouse but with the current caanoo gamepad. there is definitely enough buttons. add these to the already established customizable controls:

(i'm not sure if all of these are possible)
-quick turn with doubletapping in left or right direction.
-180 turn doubletapping back
-disable auto centering everytime you move forward or back
-assign weapons to buttons
-for runequake type games, button configs for rune commands.

and finally a keyboard for menus.

believe me when i say quake is a very fast paced game and these configs would allow us caanoo users to keep up!

I have the caanoo official dongle from GPH

http://www.gp2x.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/43/products_id/163

I also took one for my Wiz so I can play with both ;) That's why I'm waiting for the wiz files...

Maybe i can add my Virtual Keyboard from Links Web Browser, weapon to
button is posible, for runequake i can add an config menu like Quake64
for N64 you can select 2-3 Configs and 1 is editable.

Curently changelog of Version 3:
- Memory Saving
- Z-Fighting Fix
- Anti-Wallhack
- Advance Option Menu
- Set Weapon (Left,Middle,Right)
- Show FPS

Back