Quake 3 for Pandora Question

Richard871

Still Fresh
Hey guys I wanted to find out if any one has tested if you can you the use the steam versions of doom and quake with the pandora, I wanted to find out before I buy it. And one more thing does anyone know if it has to be wad file from a linux version or from a windows version.

Thank you for any help.

Richard

I believe wad files are independant from the OS, about 90% sure, and from my experience with steam the files should be in your quake folder somewhere in the steamapps/common folder.

The Doom games definately work, I´ve played Doom on the Pandora sourced from the copy I have on Steam. I've got the Quake games on Steam but I haven't tried them yet.

Scrap that, I've just tried Quake 2 and Quake 3 and they both work (had the files on my SD card but hadn't copied them across before now). The default controls seem awful, but I was able to get in game in both instances.

Note that you will not be able to actually use steam on your Panda, you'll have to grab the appropriate files from somewhere like c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\quake 3

Although if that idea seems too technical for you, I would not recommend getting a pandora...

Last edited by a moderator:
They will work, pretty much a guarantee. Simply copy the files and paste them into /pandora/appdata/quake3/baseq3. Then run the game.

Thanks for all the responses guys, I just wanted to make sure it worked before I spend $70 on the ID Super Pack. :D

that's a hell of a pack, but it was only a third of that price not long ago... seems like you missed a good action...

by the way some people noted that, using the steam data you'll miss some music on the CD I think that was for quake2, not sure anymore... but all the .pak file should work (at least they work on my PC using alternate engines...)

Okay I finally Got quake 3 to work on the Pandora but I can not enter the cd key. I read the directions but just can't get it to enter. thanks in advance for any information.

Just hit Enter. Worked for me.

I tried many times. Pressing enter leaves without CD key and so I can only play (not realy play.. just working) the first level.

The problem is that keyboard inputs are not recognized and CD key stays empty.

That's a hell of a pack! http://store.steampowered.com/sub/440/

And you can play pretty much all of it on Pandora except Doom 3*. How cool. :)

[edit] *and the Wolfenstein titles, but those could be on Pandora some day too.
How are you able to play the expansion packs or can you?

I'd say it's missing one game though but you wouldn't be able to play it on the Pandora anyways and that's Heretic 2. Although I guess it's not a 1st person shooter either, but it's still part of the series, oh well. :p

Back