Use Id Pak Files From Steam

Some ports of quake support cd audio ripped to another format. I'm pretty sure the xbox port of quake supports the music files in wma format.

IIRC Darkplaces(a Quake 1 sourceport) supports "fake-cd" emulation using OGG files but Darkplaces hasn't got a OGL|ES port so it might be some trouble to port.

It was cheaper a day or two ago, now it's gone back up to £18. I think I own sufficient games in the pack to not bother, I don't think I'll be emulating Doom 1 and Quake 1 when I can run Quake 3 etc. -- still a great deal, if it had a fewer newer games that I didn't own I'd have plumped for it.

Keep an eye on their homepage.

http://store.steampowered.com/

Roughly 7 games per day at awesome prices.

Dead1nside said:
It was cheaper a day or two ago, now it's gone back up to £18. I think I own sufficient games in the pack to not bother, I don't think I'll be emulating Doom 1 and Quake 1 when I can run Quake 3 etc. -- still a great deal, if it had a fewer newer games that I didn't own I'd have plumped for it.
I think I have just about every id game also. When it comes to Quake III I don't even want the original game (I own it anyway) just because the mods of the open code are so good. I know I have Doom somewhere, it's not in my stack of computer disks though. Oh well, like you I probably will never play id's original version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:
I don't think I'll be emulating Doom 1 and Quake 1 when I can run Quake 3 etc...

Strange, I don't think I'll be emulating playing Quake 3 when I can play Doom 1 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I'll have to look into steam to get all my classic games I can't find anymore. I run Linux but I know it works through wine so I'll have to give it a try when the Pandora comes out.

Back