[SOLVED] Hexen 2

Necrofenser said:
milkshake said:
ok I got it to work without documentation I might add because there is non that corrasponds to the Pandora port only the original Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion Linux engine.

for those that may require help and for those that may wish to add this to the read me for the pandora version :) I have a quick guide this is for those that have the cdrom version of the original game not the steam version.
I don't have the steam files to test, maybe someone wants to test for me to see if it works :) .

the following is done using your PC/linux/mac not your pandora

1. download the corresponding version of the HeXen II engine from http://uhexen2.sourceforge.net/ i.e. windows/linux/mac
2. un-zip/un-tar/install the download.
3. copy the pak0.pak and pak1.pak files from the cd rom folder /install/hexen2/data1
4. place the 2 pak files in ur HeXen II engine folder in /hexen2/data1
5. run h2launcher (should be in your HeXen II engine folder) a pop-up box will come up saying your pak files are not patched; it also asks if you would like them patching. select yes.
6. once the pak files have been patched close the pop-up box copy the entire contents of the data1 folder from your HeXen II engine folder to your memory card @ /media/<card name>/pandora/appdata/hexen2/data1
7. place the memory card back into your Pandora run the game from dektop or menu on your pandora.

fini :) now it should work.

let me know if this works for anyone or also if this needs doing for the steam files.

When i run game with h2.exe from my Computer it gives me error that i must patch it with Ravens 1.11 update, as you can see it doesnt give me option to Update files. What should i do?
I downloaded engine, put pak files in data1 folder of engine, and started h2.exe (i dont have h2launcher.exe) and I dont know what to do next
Here is the screenshot:
shot.JPG

I realize it's been over a year but just in case you still read the forum: for this issue (patching) I also was not asked to patch but got the patch error. SO, all I did was RUN the h2patch.exe in the \hexen directory and it patched the 2 pak files that I had copied from the original Hexen. Then running h2.exe worked fine. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a strange problem: my Hexen-Menu(on pc ) says : v1.11 and when I want to patch it with the patcher it says: Wrong Hexen version.
It does work on the pandora, but when I want to start a new game it crashes.
Any ideas ?

Back