Release Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion

ok guys, its been a couple decades o_O
I was just listing the things I though of that were pushed back in the days for making a old system better.
And as mentioned earlier I had the purpose of the switch backwards. It switched from slow to normal.

But its

I have implemented Gamma setting using LIBGL_GAMMA env. var. and some of my pnds read ".gamma" if it exist to set starting gamma.
Also, SDL2 is hacked so it set gamma on the Pandora when using regular SDL2 Gamma function.
Last point, I have added a Hint in gl4es to set gamma on the fly. Use glHint(GL_GAMMA_HINT_GL4ES, XX); to set gamma to X.X
also #define GL_GAMMA_HINT_GL4ES 0xA10F
(Yes, that non-standard call, but it will just do nothing on other platform as it's just Hint...)

Could you explain this or told me the right way to change gamma in this game? What does you mean with "hint". What should I wrote in the console or in an config-file to change gamma?

BTW: Thanks for the port, runs very smooth, but way to dark.

Could you explain this or told me the right way to change gamma in this game? What does you mean with "hint". What should I wrote in the console or in an config-file to change gamma?

BTW: Thanks for the port, runs very smooth, but way to dark.
The "Hint" thing is for people writing software. You can call glHint(...) to set gamma.
In your case, try to add "export LIBGL_GAMMA=2.0" somewhere before launching the game (in the launch script). That should boost the gamma nicely. I don't think you can set the gamma using Hexen2 console or config.

Back