Quake Darkplaces

Devilmandex

Still Fresh
An amazing quake engine. the best way to play quake! The source iis open too. I don't know the requirements butI'llpost more info tomorrow ;)

Pickle posted on May 22 2009 at 09:17 PM) [quote="Devilmandex posted on May 22 2009 at 03:01 PM said:
An amazing quake engine. the best way to play quake! The source iis open too. I don't know the requirements butI'llpost more info tomorrow ;"]
needs full opengl[/quote]Have you seen the current state of quake on the wiz?

I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 26 2009 at 05:19 PM) [quote="Pickle posted on May 22 2009 at 09:17 PM said:
Devilmandex posted on May 22 2009 at 03:01 PM said:
An amazing quake engine. the best way to play quake! The source iis open too. I don't know the requirements butI'llpost more info tomorrow ;"]
needs full opengl
Have you seen the current state of quake on the wiz?

I'll leave it at that.[/quote]yeah cause im the one who ported it :-/

the wiz has opengles-lite 1.1, not even full es 1.1, and you want a full blow modification that needs full desktop opengl. Maybe you should think about your post again?

Pickle posted on May 26 2009 at 11:05 PM) [quote="b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 26 2009 at 05:19 PM said:
Pickle posted on May 22 2009 at 09:17 PM said:
needs full opengl

I'll leave it at that.
yeah cause im the one who ported it :-/

the wiz has opengles-lite 1.1, not even full es 1.1, and you want a full blow modification that needs full desktop opengl. Maybe you should think about your post again?[/quote]That was actually directed towards devilmandex =P

b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 27 2009 at 05:39 PM) [quote="Pickle posted on May 26 2009 at 11:05 PM said:
b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 26 2009 at 05:19 PM said:
Pickle posted on May 22 2009 at 09:17 PM said:
needs full opengl

I'll leave it at that.
yeah cause im the one who ported it :-/

the wiz has opengles-lite 1.1, not even full es 1.1, and you want a full blow modification that needs full desktop opengl. Maybe you should think about your post again?
That was actually directed towards devilmandex =P[/quote]Yeah sorry i took what you said in a different way than what you meant. :)

Just an additional question getting Quake 1 running on the Wiz. I put the PAK files in the id1 folder but how do I get the music working on Quake 1? I suddenly remembered that it was Trent Reznor who did music and souds for Quake 1.

Regards

André

I may be asking too much but does anyone have any plans for a quake engine that uses opengles-lite 1.1? I may be wrong but I get the feeling the current port is software only.

I may be asking too much but does anyone have any plans for a quake engine that uses opengles-lite 1.1? I may be wrong but I get the feeling the current port is software only.
um where have you been?
I have released a couple of beta versions of glquake, that arnt quite ready, and the opengles isnt quite ready either. I had quake2 running at one point, but I have not run anything successfully with the latest firmware/driver.

To the guy wanting to run music, the music on the CD, I have no idea how you can play it without a cd drive.

um where have you been?
I have released a couple of beta versions of glquake, that arnt quite ready, and the opengles isnt quite ready either. I had quake2 running at one point, but I have not run anything successfully with the latest firmware/driver.
To the guy wanting to run music, the music on the CD, I have no idea how you can play it without a cd drive.

Oops, soz. I try and keep up to date but obviously missed that :(

b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 26 2009 at 09:19 PM said:

I'll leave it at that.
Quake is best played like that. gritty and possibly even unfiltered. I really don't see the point to have advanced lightining and such when the models still uses 300-400 triangles.

It's a game that looks best how it was supposed to be back then. If you want a retextured, hires quake, play it on the pc.

Pickle your porting is amazing, and thanks for that openGL ES for wiz stuff, now i need to make it linking on my dev environment on windows using devkitGP2X :\ (i'm asking help on the dev forum)

well actually darkplaces is able to read the music in .ogg format from a local directory... would be awesome to have such thing on the current porting but maybe is too much hassle

Back