Quake

Conrad

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I have tried every combination of upper case, lower case etc etc for folder names and file names, but I cannot get quake running, it either black screens or kicks me out before the demo runs.

Please can someone give me an idiots guide showing exactly what files need to where, and what they need to be called. (I have retail version of the game)

I have firmware 2.0.0

Thanks very much in advance

Put quake.gpe somewhere, then create a folder called id1 in that same location. Put pak0.pak (and pak1.pak if you have it) in the id1 folder. This folder structure and the instructions for where to place pak0.pak are all included with the zip so I'm not sure why you're having difficulty unless you've managed to corrupt a file somewhere.

Put quake.gpe somewhere, then create a folder called id1 in that same location. Put pak0.pak (and pak1.pak if you have it) in the id1 folder. This folder structure and the instructions for where to place pak0.pak are all included with the zip so I'm not sure why you're having difficulty unless you've managed to corrupt a file somewhere.

I think the problem is that if you drag and drop the files out of the zip file you lose the correct directory structure.

Like woogal says the .pak has to be in a folder called id1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use WinRar or 7zip to keep the folder structure!

- Alex

:rolleyes:
I'd forgotten I had installed tenebrae over the top of quake on my PC, so yes the files were corrupted.

Once I went back to the CD and re-grabbed the files everything worked fine.

Thanks very much.

hi there,

i have installed quake on my gp2x following the instructions that you have given
i have both the PAK0.PAK file and the PAK1.PAK file in the id folder
when i play the quake game it seems to play the demo game (it says loading from demo1.dem)
do you know what i might be doing wrong

theBogster said:
hi there,

i have installed quake on my gp2x following the instructions that you have given
i have both the PAK0.PAK file and the PAK1.PAK file in the id folder
when i play the quake game it seems to play the demo game (it says loading from demo1.dem)
do you know what i might be doing wrong
Should be ok then, think the demo is pak0.pk and the commercial levels are in pak1.pak etc. Should load everything showing you several possible paths to take at the beginning not just the red arrowed one and all of them accessible.

Last edited by a moderator:
when l start quake it loads and goes to the console. l can get back to the menu but cant start a single player game?

Back