Release Quake2 With Nub Control

Yes Strafjump on Q3 using the Dpad and righ analog Nub to the vision, i dream me playing Q3 on spring :D

Xian Long posted on May 31 2009 at 03:28 AM said:
very awesome!
PS yeah, it's kinda annoying how mods have to approve any new topics in the news section.

That's because news is also posted on the front page of gp32x.de.

Great to see this demonstration though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excelent video, thanks for that!

I'm still wondering, are these analogs "analog" in the way you can turn them a little to walk/turn slowly and completely to walk/turn fast? and if that is so does this work in Quake2?

Dragons_Slayer posted on May 31 2009 at 05:59 AM said:
I'm still wondering, are these analogs "analog" in the way you can turn them a little to walk/turn slowly and completely to walk/turn fast? and if that is so does this work in Quake2?

you mean progressive movement?
isn't that the sole point in having analogue ^_^

RX Shorty posted on May 31 2009 at 08:34 AM said:
This is great!
Also very funny how you hold the Screwdriver and toss it away ;) (finally)

well someone likes my humor ;-)

The right nub was coded to emulate arrow key presses, the movement speed is the same. Nothing can be done there thats an engine limit.
But the left nub value increases in value and that value is give to the engine as relative mouse movements. So yes the farther you push the faster it will move the view.

How about configuring the nub so, that the player walks if the nub isn't pushed to the edge and runs if it is? Something like <75% = arrow keys, >=75% = shift+arrow keys?

B-ZaR posted on May 31 2009 at 09:25 AM said:
How about configuring the nub so, that the player walks if the nub isn't pushed to the edge and runs if it is? Something like <75% = arrow keys, >=75% = shift+arrow keys?
yeah that's doable although the always run option would need to be off

WhiteBat posted on May 31 2009 at 02:32 PM said:

well I always see analogs being analog in two ways, 1) being able to point in "a lot" directions instead of only 8 with a d-pad, and 2) having progressive movement.
so it does have progressive movement and it is working in quake 2 for looking around? then that is fantastic!

Dragons_Slayer posted on May 31 2009 at 10:31 AM) [quote="WhiteBat posted on May 31 2009 at 02:32 PM said:

well I always see analogs being analog in two ways, 1) being able to point in "a lot" directions instead of only 8 with a d-pad, and 2"] having progressive movement.
so it does have progressive movement and it is working in quake 2 for looking around? then that is fantastic![/quote]However, you don't "turn" analogs, you "tilt" them, except in the case of analog nubs, which you "move" or "push" instead.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai posted on May 31 2009 at 06:02 PM) [quote="Dragons_Slayer posted on May 31 2009 at 10:31 AM) [quote="WhiteBat posted on May 31 2009 at 02:32 PM said:

well I always see analogs being analog in two ways, 1"] being able to point in "a lot" directions instead of only 8 with a d-pad, and 2"] having progressive movement.
so it does have progressive movement and it is working in quake 2 for looking around? then that is fantastic![/quote]However, you don't "turn" analogs, you "tilt" them, except in the case of analog nubs, which you "move" or "push" instead.

-God Ginrai[/quote]oke used the "wrong" word but you now what I mean!

BackAssward posted on May 31 2009 at 03:46 PM said:
Side note: Looks like Pickle is a smoker. :p
It's totally not creepy at all to notice something like that and then to mention it, my love muffin.

PoisonedV posted on May 31 2009 at 04:04 PM said:
BackAssward posted on May 31 2009 at 03:46 PM said:
Side note: Looks like Pickle is a smoker. :p
It's totally not creepy at all to notice something like that and then to mention it, my love muffin.
Well, I think the spreadsheet in Zomb'd I noticed wasn't Minsweper, we've established I'm a bit OCD. I was specifically refering to what looks like an ashtray to the top left on the table. Pickle's response seem to indicate he isn't though.

/End off topic exploration into the quasi-OCD.

Back