Quality/durability Of The D-pad And D-buttons?

john4p

I bet this has been asked before. But I couldn't find where - and it's not answered in the FAQs.

Does someone know how durable the digital pad and the buttons will be and if they can compare to Sony/Nintendo-quality?

I mostly wanna play Amiga and SuperNES-games (and hopefully SF3: Third Strike through CPS-3 emulation) so I don't care too much about the analog sticks.

Obviously the buttons cannot be assessed yet, but it will be interesting to see how they fare since the F100 had a terrible feel IMO. Hopefully big steps have been taken to improve them.

x68000 said:
Hopefully big steps have been taken to improve them.
Yes. For me it's the deciding factor for buying the Pandora or not. I'm totally convinced about its power, but I'll wait til I read some feedback about the quality of the dpad and buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
john4p said:
I mostly wanna play Amiga and SuperNES-games (and hopefully SF3: Third Strike through CPS-3 emulation) so I don't care too much about the analog sticks.
The analogue sticks could be useful emulating a mouse for Amiga emulation, so don't count them out.

The guys making the Pandora are the guys who made custom stick caps and dpads for the GP2X that vastly improved the originals, so they definitely have an eye for quality regarding controls.

john4p said:
There were quite a few Amiga games (mostly flight sims) that supported analog controls

(I'm looking forward to Knights of the Sky, and Frontier)

Back