Question about Windups

hepcat

Website
Visit site
I have a question about Windups. Basically, I can't seem to load programs from it. When I try, the screen goes blank for a moment and I'm back at the GP32 startup screen. I know my programs are working, because they all load up fine from the Free Launcher. What's going on?

Thanks!

--Jason

Whats the extension?

.fxe's work fine but some others don't work, ie most of the games from JoyGP

You've prolly done this, and it is dumb for me 2 say it, but there is always someone who dosen't know: Do you have fresh battries?

That's a perfectly reasonable suggestion, but I don't think batteries have anything to do with this problem. They're relatively new i.e. I've used them less than 2 hours. <_<

It's not the end of the world, but I'm really curious as to why this is happening since Windups has gotten generally positive reviews and has several neat features.

--Jason

That's a perfectly reasonable suggestion, but I don't think batteries have anything to do with this problem. They're relatively new i.e. I've used them less than 2 hours. <_<

It's not the end of the world, but I'm really curious as to why this is happening since Windups has gotten generally positive reviews and has several neat features.

--Jason
Did you install Wind-Ups yourself, or did you get it from flashing your firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why we're on the vague subject of batteries, I got some rechargeable AA betteries the other day. I charged them up like it said to (until the lights flashed green), and after around 2 - 3 hours play, they just cut out. They still have power, but whenever I swithc my GP32 on, it will always crash it, eitehr at bootup or a few minutes after being switched on.

It's really pissing me off, cos batterries cost a fair bit (the amount I use!), and I spent a tenner on these poxy crappy rechargables.

Does anyone else have/had a similar problem with batteries dying so fast?

Wind-ups FXE loader code is broken and it will crash randomly depending on the FXE icon data and structure of the FXE. A lot of FXEs are compressed these days and
wind-ups fails to load those FXEs in 100% accuracy <_<

There are three workarounds for this problem:
1) get fixed wind-ups binary from my site (www.deadcoderssociety.tk)
http://www.cs.Helsinki.FI/u/jikorhon/conde...indups_v0_9.zip
2) get encoded & fixed wind-ups binary from #gp32 (that !applist and !encrypt
trigger stuff)
3) install MultiFirmware (also available from www.deadcoderssociety.tk) and boot
into wind-ups directly from FW.

heh.. there was still fourth workaround.. converting FXEs to GXBs also helps B)

Even with a flashed bios I still can't open the second version of the mp3 player, I have to do it through pacrom. It does that for me on some other files as well.

--Jason
Did you install Wind-Ups yourself, or did you get it from flashing your firmware?
Liquidcross,

I installed Windups myself. I have NOT flashed the firmware as I've heard it can ruin a GP32. I just spent $200 on this thing and don't want to take any chances. :)

I'm going to try Mr. Spiv's first suggestion and see what happens...

--Jason

Even with a flashed bios I still can't open the second version of the mp3 player, I have to do it through pacrom. It does that for me on some other files as well.
Interesting :blink: And flashed bios means Pacrom? MultiFW? Gotta check..

Back