Question & Issues

Keppy

Still Fresh
Well basically I've had my pandy for about a month now and I've got questions and one or two problems.

Problem(s):

1. When I got my unit I noticed some sort of dip/dent in the plastic to the left of the screen hinge but to the right of the LEDs, I didn't think much of it, but now it has begun to crack which is worrying me, mainly because at some point my screen lost it's stiffness and doesn't hold itself up very well anymore, at say 130 degrees it just falls over, initially it held up perfectly.

-Possibly related - the case to the right back (next to R shoulder button) is not 100% together and can be squeezed back and forth by about 1mm.

2. I've just been trying to get a USB wireless stick to work but while it was plugged in I noticed the USB hub and the stick got very hot. The plug at the back of the pandora felt fine but the circuitry area of the hub was almost too hot to touch after approx 3-5 mins after being plugged in, the stick was the same after about another minute or two. Is this something to be concerned about?

Question:

As I'm having trouble with the built-in wireless (tried some things on the forums, still not great) I've been trying to get a USB ethernet adapter to work but it refuses. It's this one if anyone can help?

I've also got a Belkin 54G wireless adapter (F5D7050 V1) which I cannot get to work either if anyone can offer help with this? as it would be preferable to ethernet.

They both appear in 'lsusb' but the ethernet stick has no text after the ID.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you try setting wifi in xfce instead of minimenu? Mine just work when inside xfce...

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

An update:

In regard to the USB heat, I have found the USB hub gets too hot to touch after about 10 minutes, but at 75% battery the battery meter tells me I have 3 hours left, and it drains at approx 1% every minute or two, after unplugging at 68% meter now says I've got 8 hours 40 mins. Any thoughts what's wrong? or is this normal???

The crack in my case seems to slowly be getting worse, the screen also feels 'unstable', like it has a little bit of play without actually moving the hinge, RMA time?

@guider443

Yep, I only use XFCE.

Does the USB adapter get hot when you use it in a computer? Also, (and you may already know this) your adapter has to be supported by linux. What is the make/model of the adapter?

It's a one from Asda ('USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 4 port Mini Hub'), things like wireless mice and flash drives work in it fine. In my laptop after 10 minutes it was cold, not warm at all.

EDIT: another 30 mins and still completely cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's something at least. We still need the model number to determine if there are linux drivers available.

Back