Question On Ordering Board Only

Nation.A.List said:
second exodous said:
Ah, that sucks I live in the US, it's in euros so I don't think I can get one. That's one cool board.
They ship to the USA for around €25. €145 for the 720Mhz version (go on, you know you want to)

EDIT: Just seen the $/€ is approx 1.5 - WOW what happened to 1/1? (too interested in the £/$ to notice €/$)
By the time I get my Pandora and use it for a while it looks like I might have a lot of choices where before it was only the BB and gumstix. This market is going to explode I bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not add a SATA controller? That would be quite awesome, it can act like a NAS this way.

Ravnos said:
I've got a Zotac ION board as an HTPC and it's pretty great, but I've been having overheating problems. I've got a really tight case, though, so I'm guessing once I get a bigger case with a half-decent fan inside, my problems should be solved. So basically my advice with a Zotac ION would be to not get a tiny-ass case.

Hmm, did you attach the included fan? I've got a pretty tight case too (everything barely fits in there), and I was having heat issues until I used the fan (if you've got good ventilation in the case, you don't need the fan). The direction the fan was blowing made a pretty big difference for me too, so if you are using it, you might want to check that.

wermy said:
Ravnos said:
I've got a Zotac ION board as an HTPC and it's pretty great, but I've been having overheating problems. I've got a really tight case, though, so I'm guessing once I get a bigger case with a half-decent fan inside, my problems should be solved. So basically my advice with a Zotac ION would be to not get a tiny-ass case.

Hmm, did you attach the included fan? I've got a pretty tight case too (everything barely fits in there), and I was having heat issues until I used the fan (if you've got good ventilation in the case, you don't need the fan). The direction the fan was blowing made a pretty big difference for me too, so if you are using it, you might want to check that.

The fan's in there and not really doing any good. It's a pretty crappy fan.

amf66 said:
It's been like that for a LONG time as far as I know. I don't remember it ever being 1:1 Euro to dollar.

It was shortly when euro was still new and growing.

Ravnos said:
The fan's in there and not really doing any good. It's a pretty crappy fan.

Might want to try turning it around. If I remember correctly, I wound up putting it in there opposite the way the directions said to, since I got lower temps that way. Your mileage may vary, of course. :)

Edit: Also, IIRC, the fan did seem pretty crappy until I turned it around. :)

Back