Questions About Wireless Internet !

flammablepiss

Website
Visit site
I have a few questions about whatever wireless features the Pandora has as this is one of the big reasons I am going to buy it.

= If it is Wifi, will I be able to connect to the internet from my wireless router ?
= If so how easy is this likely to be ? -- A few clicks, or would I have to enter everything manually ?
= Is there going to be a web browser available when I get it ?- And will it support Java, Flash etc ?

Now for some questions about Bluetooth.
I should have researched about the Bluetooth before I asked this - but I though as im here anway.

= What is it going to be used for ? Because I don't actually see any point to it !
= Will I be able to send and receive from mobile phones ?

Thanks, Ben !

- yes
- easy, same as with any laptop
- yes, firefox 3. java is very likely, open source flash plugins can only watch movies (youtube and the like)

- whatever has supporting software (file transfer for example)
- yes

Good Good !
Positive answers for everything !

I was hoping that I would be able to use firefox on it !
And I like the idea of swappin files with my mates via their phones, It would make them rather jealous !

Bluetooth has some other useful applications.
  • The Linux BT driver supports A2DP, so you should be able to use any bluetooth stereo headphones.
  • Bluetooth GPS receivers should work.
  • Bluetooth keyboards and mice should work.
  • In addition to transferring files wirelessly to a cell phone, you will also be able to tether your phone to the Pandora to use the phone's mobile broadband connection (assuming your phone supports this and you have a broadband service plan).

Chip said:
Bluetooth has some other useful applications.
  • The Linux BT driver supports A2DP, so you should be able to use any bluetooth stereo headphones.
  • Bluetooth GPS receivers should work.
  • Bluetooth keyboards and mice should work.
  • In addition to transferring files wirelessly to a cell phone, you will also be able to tether your phone to the Pandora to use the phone's mobile broadband connection (assuming your phone supports this and you have a broadband service plan).
Thats all pretty cool !
No need for a crib and wires across the floor anymore !

Last edited by a moderator:
Although personally, I think A2DP quality is rather like a standard BT phone. Tried a few devices, and none of them sounded particularly good.

Back