Quick Joystick Fix

Works ok for me, but I still cant do perfect diagnols (have to push left, then up to do upleft, hard to just push in upleft direction), and upright is still a little hard. Do you think I should try more paper (it isn't bulging any yet...)?

Yeah, there is a more permanent way to fix this, but like I said in my first post, it doesn't seem to work as well as the paper. It involves taking a woodburning iron (because of the flat sides) and melting the little plastic tip things that hold the joystick up on the other side of the board, while holding the joystick unit up against the board. I won't really go into detail though, because I consider it kind of a risky process, and I wouldn't want anyone to hurt their GP32. I will let it be known that I advise against fixing the problem using a woodburning iron, unless you're absolutely positive that you can do this without messing anything up.

There is a way to fix that clicking joystick but it makes gameplay a bit hard. :D

www.geocities.com/romhacker316/silencer.gif

For it to work, you need to copy and paste into new IE window

romhacker... i printed that page off, then crumpled it up and stuck it in my gp32. it doesnt take the clickys away. am i doing it wrong? could you tell me how to do it right?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
JUST KIDDING! :)

jmetal88 posted on Apr 17 2004 at 10:24 PM said:
Yeah, there is a more permanent way to fix this, but like I said in my first post, it doesn't seem to work as well as the paper. It involves taking a woodburning iron (because of the flat sides) and melting the little plastic tip things that hold the joystick up on the other side of the board, while holding the joystick unit up against the board. I won't really go into detail though, because I consider it kind of a risky process, and I wouldn't want anyone to hurt their GP32. I will let it be known that I advise against fixing the problem using a woodburning iron, unless you're absolutely positive that you can do this without messing anything up.
Do you think it would work if you put a rubber sheet in there cut into a circular shape instead of the paper? The rubber sheet could be from a bicycle tire patch or inner tube or something like that. That may be a bit more permanent.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Apr 18 2004 at 04:53 AM said:
Do you think it would work if you put a rubber sheet in there cut into a circular shape instead of the paper? The rubber sheet could be from a bicycle tire patch or inner tube or something like that. That may be a bit more permanent.
The idea behind this fix is so that the base of the d-pad is unable to move when you move the joypad, instead it keeps the whole column rigid against the back of the case. So using a rubber spacer would be useless - a more solid spacer the better

my brand new gp seems to work fine.
It is a flu alough when you turn on the light you can see it on the outside of the screen cover.
I think gbax game me a glass cove alough it is scratched.(slightly)

blipped4 posted on Apr 18 2004 at 03:42 PM said:
Edited by Mod - Blipped, you should really learn not to flame and expect it to be ignored by mods.
Naughty naughty. :p

You can not escape THE MODS, (cue old british 1960s/70s scary music) Dun Dun Dunnnnnn.

Trooper

Hmm quick fix, seems easy enough... if you're anyone other then me. I opened up my case and tried to put a piece of paper in, but it ended up being to big, so I tried about 4 other paper sizes, and when I got to the 5th one I broke the wire connecting the flu button to the gp32. I ended up having to solder this tiny wire back to the resistor connecting it to the button. After that I put my gp back together, and turned it on. It didn't work though, so I took my gp appart again and realised I forgot to bend the lead back up against the plastic, because before it was hitting the board when I closed my gp. I finally put it back together though, and it worked. So much for a quick fix :D

Meonlyeviler posted on Apr 18 2004 at 09:33 PM said:
Hmm quick fix, seems easy enough... if you're anyone other then me. I opened up my case and tried to put a piece of paper in, but it ended up being to big, so I tried about 4 other paper sizes, and when I got to the 5th one I broke the wire connecting the flu button to the gp32. I ended up having to solder this tiny wire back to the resistor connecting it to the button. After that I put my gp back together, and turned it on. It didn't work though, so I took my gp appart again and realised I forgot to bend the lead back up against the plastic, because before it was hitting the board when I closed my gp. I finally put it back together though, and it worked. So much for a quick fix :D
ouch. quite a drag.

I'm actually taping the paper to the inside of the back of the shell of the case right? In the little circular depression with the four thin projections of white shell that resemble a gothic mace? Not on the actual white cross-looking bulging thingie situated on top of the circuit board?

Back