R2/L2 buttons on Pandora

ODINsRaven

Still Fresh
Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forums. I tried searching for this topic and found nothing.

I read somewhere that the Pandora PCB has connections for secondary shoulder buttons, which would allow for a more accurate controller for PSOne emulation. Would it be possible to attach buttons on the back of the Pandora similar to the ones on the iCP? Does the battery pack on the Pandora make this impossible?

Are there any other ideas for location of R2/L2 buttons?

Thanks!

I read somewhere that the Pandora PCB has connections for secondary shoulder buttons, which would allow for a more accurate controller for PSOne emulation. Would it be possible to attach buttons on the back of the Pandora similar to the ones on the iCP? Does the battery pack on the Pandora make this impossible?

I actually had a similar idea, though it may not be practical depending on how the iControlPad is molded. I was thinking it might be possible to bond a Pandora battery cover to the rear panel of an iCP and somehow route the electrical connections through the battery cover clips. (eg tin a section of the clip and rig the pandora so that when the modified battery cover is put in place it connects to contacts wired to the relevant pads of the PCB.)

Of course at this point such a thing is purely conceptual. :)

OPT should make an accessory that clips onto the back with extra buttons. That'd be sweet.

OPT should make an accessory that clips onto the back with extra buttons. That'd be sweet.

Keep in mind that my suggested connection method still requires a modification of the Pandora itself to work, so would not be suitable for official accessories. (Or at least not with the current Pandora model)

That being said, there's a lot of potential for accessories that make use of the ext socket, or even the USB or OTG connections, and anyone with the right knowledge and resources could try their hand at creating one. Perhaps its sometimes just a matter of getting the right idea to someone with the capacity to act on it. :)

Back