R3Play - Arcade, Retro & Vintage Gaming Expo

shillbert

Still Fresh
This even takes place on the 6th/7th of November, I already have my ticket.

I ordered from the 2nd batch of Pandora and as this show may be on before I receive mine I was wondering if the OPT will be there?

I would love to go to that, but it's disgustingly far away

In Pandora terms thats pratically tomorrow :p
Sounds like a cool kinda show.

oh I mean distance wise! I'b definitely be there if it was closer to me

There's a Portland Retro Gaming Expo I'll be attending this year. Unfortunately, I ordered from Batch 2 and the event is in September, so I don't think I'll be able to show it off this year. Oh well... *shrug*

Ian_J: The chance of you getting your unit before the event is a lot better than mine. Assuming everything falls though and you ordered within the first few days of second batch preorders, you should get it just in time.

fade said:
http://www.r3play.info/

Any updates on this? Who's making it along? I'll be going tomorrow and taking my Batch 1 Pandora along with me. :)

I'll be there, will bring my Pandora too.

It's a real shame that mass production is not yet up and running, reckon Craig could've sold a shed load of them at R3play if he'd had a trade stand. Ah well, there is always next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Loon said:
I'll be there, will bring my Pandora too.

It's a real shame that mass production is not yet up and running, reckon Craig could've sold a shed load of them at R3play if he'd had a trade stand. Ah well, there is always next year.

Yeah that is a shame, would've been great to have a british console manufacturer there, still. :| Glad to see some forum folks going anyway, i'll see y'all there! :)

Well we're back after day 1 and didn't see anyone with a Pandora :(
We bought weekend tickets but don't know if we'll be going back tomorrow.
Not enough retro stuff. (arcade)
Lots of 360, Wii & PS3 stuff, fighting tournaments & Halo multiplayer but those aren't our thing.
At at push 30 arcade cabinets but 5 or so were not working, that and the dozen pinballs were all that interested us. Plenty of consoles all sat with games to play but it was a bit of a let down.

For a retro arcade show it was lacking arcade machines, no space invaders alone is a sackable offence.

Having said all this if someone was taking a Pandora tomorrow I'd go back. :)

:blink: If it is, that's the first I've heard of it. (On the Prometheus Scale of Game Age, it's relatively recent, incidentally. :lol: )

Prometheus said:
:blink: If it is, that's the first I've heard of it. (On the Prometheus Scale of Game Age, it's relatively recent, incidentally. :lol: )

well the original one is 9 years old on the 15th November, so it's under Retro Gamer's 10 year limit.

Had a great time at R3play, just went for the day on Saturday.

Was slightly disappointed by the lack of classic arcade machines, but the pinball made up for it. Can't remember when I last set eyes on more than 3 pinball tables in the same room. It was nice to top the high score chart on a couple of the arcade machines as well :D .

Had a chat with one of the organisers and he was very apologetic that there were not more classic arcade machines, he was saying they had a lot of last minute cancellations and logistical problems. He also said that if they come back next year there will be a lot more.

There were plenty of early consoles and retro computers to get involved with too.

It would have been a fantastic place for a Pandora trade stall, if units had been available for general sale that is. Here's hoping for next year. Didn't play with my Pandora at R3play, but as always it really came in on the long train ride home.

Well I was there on Saturday an took my Pandora along too. There wasn't really many opportunies to show it off tho due to being too busy in among all the classic consoles, computers an handhelds. :)

Due to time constraints I didn't get to spend *half* the amount of time there as I really wanted to, I spent more time travelling to get there than I did actually there. However, it was my first opportunity to go to something like this an I really enjoyed it, I could have easily stayed all day if I had the chance. Hopefully it'll be repeated next year an I can make better arrangements. I'd would have liked to have seen a lot more cabs, an I agree about the Space Invaders but they did have some classics as well as some great obscure scrolling shooters I'd never seen before, an some 24-Player Bomberman! The Ocean Software talk was good too, pretty funny. Sadly, I had to leave to catch a train before Archer MacLean arrived. Anyways, heres a small collection of photos for the folks who couldn't make it. :)

Photos from R3play 2010

Back