Rage On The Iphone

Ze_ro said:
SomeGuy99 said:
That demo had no evidence of real time lighting or pixel shaders. It looks like a very simple engine. Check out the shadows on the characters...
You guys realize that this is NOT Rage, right? I mean, the article says Rage and all, but this is going to end up being something totally different... like what they "ported" Doom 3 to iPhone, and ended up with Doom Resurrection. You'll be lucky if this even has the same storyline as Rage.

Of course, that doesn't mean it will be a bad game... at the very least, we can hope that they will eventually release the source code and someone can port it... of course, that would be about 8 years from now.

--Zero

I don't even know what Rage is... I assume it's a new Id software game?

The engine just didn't look that impressive. Megatextures... lots of smaller textures... is there any difference really? It looked very plain from a GFX whizz bang point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr B said:
Do you mind telling me something else tho? How did we go from trying to explain why SD memories are inherently impossible to use to physically single out copies, to scrutinizing copyprotection tools?
Because back on page 1 you said that the CD key is "hardware based protection" and that this is one of the reasons that commercial games won't work on the Pandora. That statement is false because it ignores all the games that actually use CD keys. I even provided the example of Windows installs that do not require the original CD to install.

quadomatic said:
Why does this topic have so many replies???

The Pandora has an install base of ~1000 now. Why the hell would id Software release a title for it?

Because the world runs on unicorn farts and fairy dust and so of course Bethesda/id Software will be willing to lose money to port their latest and greatest games to a practically non-existent market. The $250 they would make would totally recoup their investment because it would also come with good karma.

Ravnos said:
quadomatic said:
Why does this topic have so many replies???

The Pandora has an install base of ~1000 now. Why the hell would id Software release a title for it?

Because the world runs on unicorn farts and fairy dust and so of course Bethesda/id Software will be willing to lose money to port their latest and greatest games to a practically non-existent market. The $250 they would make would totally recoup their investment because it would also come with good karma.

You sir, have just made my day

I remember a day when there were only 1000 DOOM players in the world .. so I see no reason why a little promotional activity, shipping hardware to Carmack, would be a bad thing .. imagine if he likes the platform and invests with Craig and co., it could be real big.

WizardStan said:
Mr B said:
Do you mind telling me something else tho? How did we go from trying to explain why SD memories are inherently impossible to use to physically single out copies, to scrutinizing copyprotection tools?
Because back on page 1 you said that the CD key is "hardware based protection" and that this is one of the reasons that commercial games won't work on the Pandora. That statement is false because it ignores all the games that actually use CD keys. I even provided the example of Windows installs that do not require the original CD to install.
And i've tried Explaining that a CD key is a two part protection where the key & CD is verified. As for example, the Windows licensing number isn't a CD key, and, isn't referred to as such. Check the installer. I've had enough of this already. Your right, i get peace and quiet.
B!

Back