Rage2x Frontend?

_DiGiTaL_ posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:58 PM said:
Rage2x Frontend for GNgeo is rage2x required or is it just useful in some ways? And what does it do exactly?

It's a frontend/file launcher for the gneogeo emulator. It has nifty things like a preview, overclocking functions, etc ... all done from a nice, clean GUI :) Get it. NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah im just wondering does the ragex/gngeo need a neogeo.zip/bios file to play the roms? figured id ask in this thread instead of making a whole new one... Cant test yet my GP2x just shipped today so im kinda just prepping stuff up

_DiGiTaL_ posted on Jul 31 2006 at 11:08 PM said:
yeah im just wondering does the ragex/gngeo need a neogeo.zip/bios file to play the roms? figured id ask in this thread instead of making a whole new one... Cant test yet my GP2x just shipped today so im kinda just prepping stuff up

Yes, you still need all the bios files listed in gneogeo's readme.

How do you refresh the list ?

I ran Rage and saw the games i already had installed in green, added another 10 Neo Geo games and loaded up Rage and it was still the same games highlighted.

If i used the standard Neo Geo launcher it had the list of the 15 games, however Rage still had the old 5 ? Its like i need to 'refresh' the list ?

Hi,
Rage2x is a dedicated frontend for Gngeo2X, so it's mandatory to unrar these 3 files in the same directory of gngeo emulator :
-rage2x.gpe -> executable file
-rage2x.dat -> database which content all game name and information (it's txt file you can look inside)
-rage2x.lng -> all language inside (more than 10 I dont remember)
not mandatory file:
-rage2x.png -> only to display one dedicated icon :)
-rage2x.txt -> some information and a little faq (it's not forbiden to read it ;) )

The rage2x.cfg file is generated automatically at the first launching with all default setting for the frontend and gngeo launching.
Rage2x can scan 2 differents folder if you have your neogeo roms in 2 differents folder. It use the mame convention name to look if the is available or not (some mistake with mame name are possible :( )
To change the roms folders scanned, edit rage2x.cfg and change it manually ;)

If think the general use of this frontend is very easy to understand, today nobody told me that is difficult to use :)
I've did the maximum for the best integration with gngeo2x.

Good play
;)
Regards

Well i'll give that a go thanks. I havent changed the roms folder though, just when i added new games the original Neo Geo emulator picked it up but not Rage. Think i'll have to put on the games i want then add Rage after which should pick them up

Just didnt seem to automatically find the games when i put them on

on the topic of refreshing the games list.

The torrent I found with Geo + SVC Chaos works great.
Then i added Rage2x
Then I added some other games (KoF97 and Metal slug etc)

In the games list in Rage, the newly added games show up and work great, but that original SVC_Choas doesn't show up , and I have to launch it from the gngeo shell.

How do I refresh the list?

(in theory i'm thinking: erase SVC, launch rage, quit, re-install SVC, relaunch Rage?)

LMK of any solutions
thx

ketchupgun posted on Aug 5 2006 at 06:17 PM said:
on the topic of refreshing the games list.

The torrent I found with Geo + SVC Chaos works great.
Then i added Rage2x
Then I added some other games (KoF97 and Metal slug etc)

In the games list in Rage, the newly added games show up and work great, but that original SVC_Choas doesn't show up , and I have to launch it from the gngeo shell.

How do I refresh the list?

(in theory i'm thinking: erase SVC, launch rage, quit, re-install SVC, relaunch Rage?)

LMK of any solutions
thx

There's a possibility the filename of the SVC rom is incorrect. Make sure it's the same as the one listed in rage2x. There's a wee box on the right that has info on the game, and it tells you the expected filename - your rom has to be called this for rage to recognise it.

k3nn posted on Aug 5 2006 at 02:07 PM said:
ketchupgun posted on Aug 5 2006 at 06:17 PM said:

There's a possibility the filename of the SVC rom is incorrect. Make sure it's the same as the one listed in rage2x. There's a wee box on the right that has info on the game, and it tells you the expected filename - your rom has to be called this for rage to recognise it.

Actually, it would appear that was the problem...BUT...
I simply renamed the zip, but it went to create a graphix dump that the system did not like...and the game would not run properly....SO...I opened the rage.dat file in text editor and renmaed the svcplus to svcchaos of my zip file

works fanatsic now
thx

Thanx for the info i found the URL i had to redownload rage2x to view the readme.
Also does Rage2X have some kinda IGR (In Game Reset) or do i need to turn the GP2x off and back on in order to get to the GP2x main menu? Don't see anything about IGR in the readme.

Back