Random Color Convergence Issues

DFP

I've noticed randomly that blue would be offset from the rest of the screen at times. When this does occur and blue is shifting (1 pixel?) to the right.

At first I thought it was the screen changing to lower color depth for some reason, but who knows. Maybe an app is causing issues when I go back to desktop.

Rebooting doesn't fix it. Cursor seems a bit yellow.

I've seen it go away, but don't know why it happens in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "PTOD" that Alerino mentions is the so-named "Purple Tint of Death". It's due to an LCD cable that has developed a fault.

Yes, very strange how that works. Seems to affect a very specific range of brightness on mine too. It's like when I zoom in on a picture the contours of these lines actually change like google maps or something. VERY VERY WEIRD.

Just got the Pandora a few days ago too.

Last edited by a moderator:
My unit (ebay refurb from Craig store) was also showing something similar recently. For now it went away... it's kind of strange.

I don't think it was software issue though because it didn't go away at first (and I tried removing the battery).

I still have my original order so I'll wait until I receive it until shipping the current one back. Actually I'll probably wait until the problem worsen before doing anything.

My unit (ebay refurb from Craig store) was also showing something similar recently. For now it went away... it's kind of strange.

I noticed it went away after I had left it off for two hours. After that I randomly watched it fade in and out.

Messing around with the hinge or bezel does nothing. I can't reproduce the issue, it only happens randomly. Apparently I can make it go away though! I just plug in the AC Adapter and apply a gentle caress to the head of the plug. Don't know why that works. Could be pressure on the board, broken soldering, or some kind of interference. I really don't know, but this seems to fix it for me.

Next time you get it, you could give that a try.

Back